Cyntara - Forum - World Boss Suggestions
Velrak
12 Aug 20 04:18 PM
Hello community,

After the server completed the new Shaper boss this pasts Sundays I had some suggestions I wanted to share. I had intended to post this a few days back but got stuck with the idea.

1. Entrance method to world bosses

There were two things that made a big amount of players waste a lot of time. The first one was that once we were able to enter the boss, one or two players entered the boss by pulling the lever. Leaving everyone out of the boss fight until they died for 10 - 20minutes. This was pretty infuriating for everyone, having each one of the players willing to enter the boss wait again another time. The few times that I have participated in boss fights this happens.
The boss entrance method should be reworked, either you let people enter 5mins before the boss spawns into the lever room or the boss entrance isn't limited to pulling a lever. If anyone has any other suggestion that is actually practical please comment.

2. Amirada's and World Ender's health will now scale with party size.

The second thing that made a smaller amount of player’s waste time is all the alt characters that are brought to the fight. We were able to finish the boss fight after one hour and twenty minutes (more or less) I'm not really sure. So what I noticed was the following, a lot of players bring more than one character, this increases the bosses stats and most of those characters end up dying. The person that uses both characters isn't able to move both of them out of the spells that the boss casts.
We probably started with 40 players and ended with 15 players. Allowing and rewarding multiple mc characters into the boss is the main reason why people do this. (Based on what they told me it works and it’s pretty unfair if it works) But this affects the rest of the players that actually actively fight the boss. I'm not complaining of how long the boss fight was but rather how harder it got because all of the parcels people brought that end up dying.

3. Added graphics options to disable the rendering of spell effects, missiles, static text and animated text

This is a pretty cool option but it also removes the warning areas bosses show when they are about to throw a big spell. Could this only affect player spells and not NPC animations?

Regards

Diath
14 Aug 20 09:34 PM
Velrak said:
The boss entrance method should be reworked, either you let people enter 5mins before the boss spawns into the lever room or the boss entrance isn't limited to pulling a lever. If anyone has any other suggestion that is actually practical please comment.
We have added a timer on the lever in the most recent patch, it's currently 20 seconds but that could easily be adjusted.

Velrak said:
Allowing and rewarding multiple mc characters into the boss is the main reason why people do this.
That applies only to the Tier Set Upgrade Token and not the Reward Chest. The reason why we removed the restriction for that was that limiting it to one character, while having the tokens character bound, essentially meant that people were not able to progress their endgame gear on multiple characters (or rather the token sources were severly limited).

Velrak said:
This is a pretty cool option but it also removes the warning areas bosses show when they are about to throw a big spell. Could this only affect player spells and not NPC animations?
Unfortunately adding the effect source to distinguish between different types of effects would be a huge time sink and it's not something that we are willing to do anytime soon.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.