Cyntara - Forum - A Brave New World
Red
29 Jun 16 02:55 AM
The last thing I remember… It was a bright light, it started as a small light in the sky. It got bigger, and bigger, until I couldn't see anything; nobody could see anything. When the blinding light finally subsided, the ties to our past had somehow unraveled and disseminated. The next question soon arose - where am I?

I'm surrounded by fire, yet I cannot feel the heat; only a cool breeze emanates, its origin, outwardly inconceivable. As I continue on my lone path, it becomes plainly obvious that I am the only person here… The only human, at least. As I continue my steady pace, the same thought keeps creeping up from the back of my mind. Am I the only one left? No. I must stop. My sanity can handle no more than what I'm witnessing before my eyes; I must not think of it. As I continue forward I am met by a set of stairs; ascend them, it is the only option. What I witnessed next took my breath away at an instant. A rather large landing with narrow pathways, inhabited by ghosts.. or spirits.. or.. something. The ethereal creatures float above the ground, appearing to be nothing but orbs of light; shaded in red, and few white; appear to be wandering aimlessly. The creatures identify as nothing more than Frozen. What was I doing in this, of all places? Why am I stuck in some sort of, what can only be explained as purgatory with the Frozen?

As I was wandering through this Farplane, I gaze met with a large structure; a massive statue of a demonic-looking bunny. It spoke softly in a fortuitous voice: "Lay a hand on me, and you will be blessed with experience." The voice, as impersonal and foreign it sounded to me, felt somehow familiar. With little hesitation, I laid my hand upon the cold, inert statue. The longer my hand laid on the statue, the more vehemently my mind started to ask the question: "Where am I? … How did I get here?" The thought slowly started to consume my consciousness, I couldn't distract myself from it; it became my entire reality for what seemed like forever… Only a moment had passed, and the prevailing thought escaped my lips without my knowing; I had asked the statue. A voice softly spoke to me; not the statue, a voice I had heard before. This voice sounded even more familiar than the statue's voice. It almost sounded like… I let out a gasp. It was my own voice.

The voice told me, "You're in Cyntara."

"Cyntara? … Well, how did I get here?"

The voice guided, perfectly, "Well, that's simple, Red. You're The Great Creator."

Red
29 Jun 16 02:59 AM
What is this?
This is the beginning of the Cyntara 9 teasers!
In this thread, I will be providing a narrative through Red's perspective of a world transitioning into a new era. My goal is to release new posts in this thread every so often to tease some of the new content players can expect to see in Cyntara 9 - some stuff that has been mentioned before, and some stuff that Diath & I have kept a complete secret until now.
As of now, major posts will make it to the news page, but the story will continue in this thread after a certain amount of time. The amount of time depends on the time elapsed as well as the height of discussion. If the topic gains more and more interest, you can expect to see updates more frequently.

Why a narrative?
Mostly for fun. With the eventual release of Cyntara's "World Quest" we want to create a story/lore that the community can begin to immerse itself in. This news post shows that not even Red is necessarily "in-the-loop" all of the time when Cyntara's future molds. This sort of narrative style also allows us to disclose much more information regarding the update without blatantly spelling out what was changed. If you want to know what has explicitly changed, please refer to the Changelog.

Fargo
29 Jun 16 03:01 AM
Map teasers

Trith
29 Jun 16 11:38 AM
ooo I love story time with red!

Lord Alexsand
29 Jun 16 03:19 PM
Loving the story, cant wait!!

–-Alexsand

Silent
29 Jun 16 11:34 PM
I got hard off of this. Thank you Red. Btw I love the story time thing. :)

Matt Bruh
30 Jun 16 11:29 AM
Cool idea, gives us something to read besides the same bug thread over and over <3
Can you cut out the big words though my puny brain can't handle it. (And i hear someone that sounds like Trith reading it)

jk trith i sorry

Silent
02 Jul 16 10:39 PM
Red I want a part 2 right now, I hate the real world.

Shunuck
03 Jul 16 11:26 PM
Things seem to coming along nicely! Btw Chan, could you please shoot me a PM whenever the feature becomes available (unless you've got another way to get in touch)? Cheers!

Red
04 Jul 16 09:23 PM
Shunuck said:
Things seem to coming along nicely! Btw Chan, could you please shoot me a PM whenever the feature becomes available (unless you've got another way to get in touch)? Cheers!
Thanks! You are always able to contact me at <Red@cyntara.org>

@Topic: You can expect another post tonight at around 12:30am EST. Red will be finding the truth to when the new era of Cyntara will begin! The launch date will be posted on the main site at around midnight.

Happy Fourth, everybody!
Red

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.