Cyntara - Forum - Botting, The Problem and Possible Solutions
Ariel
30 Aug 16 02:49 PM
Hello everyone, I am a low level(1000) RP and I wanted to share what I believe is a problem and a few solutions to said problem to see what the Cyntara community thinks about it.

The Problem
Botting… I used Xenobot to get most of my levels meaning I am not really in a position to label it as a problem but I believe that the Cyntara community is able to find a way to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Hello everyone, I am a low level(1000) RP and I wanted to share what I believe is a problem and a few solutions to said problem to see what the Cyntara community thinks about it.

The Problem
Botting… I used Xenobot to get most of my levels meaning I am not really in a position to label it as a problem but I believe that the Cyntara community is able to find a way to make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

Why botting is a problem?
Looking at the map, classes and spells anyone can easily tell that the Cyntara staff has spend a lot of effort and time to build this OT, when you build something for other peoples enjoyment… would you want to see other people use external programs in order to "play" the game? Of course not, I do realize people may not have the time to play the game legit and others are just plain out lazy(me) but I dont think its fair to all the manual players out there to bot in a custom OT.

If botting is a problem, why is it legal in the first place?
If all the players want something, then the host has to adapt to the crowd. This is how I believe botting became legal in the first place. Some people dont want hours and hours of grinding so they want to bot. Others saw people botting and getting ahead of them so they wanted to bot to keep up. Now I know I will anger a lot of people if I say something ridiculous like "STOP BOTS ALL TOGETHER!" but I believe there might a way to give people who play legit a fair chance to become equally as strong as a bot user.

The Solution(s)

Solution #1
If possible, a new stamina system can be implemented. It can be either a completely custom one or just a tweaked regular stamina system(If that's possible at all). A character would have 6-8 hours of EXP time that is reset daily. During this time the character can gain experience and loot normally. After said hours run out, it becomes impossible that the character earns any EXP. These 6-8 hours are completely my suggestion and can be changed according to Red if he plans to use this solution. This solution would make it fair for manual players so that they can keep up with those who use bots and might also increase non hunting activities such as events which never trigger because of the lack of players.

Solution #2

If possible, the stamina system would not be time based but rather monster based. The player would get X monster kills daily which makes it "fair" for knights that kill things rather slow meaning they get less monster kills/stamina hour. This system has multiple flaws however meaning if a person wants to help a friend on a quest, he would have to give up some of his daily kills to do so unless quest monsters dont count towards the daily kills (I do not know if this is possible). This system would help lower damage classes/ low level players to not have to worry about the time limit because if a knight has weak equipment and does low overall damage, he would not level nearly as fast as a glass cannon sorcerer or druid due to the monster kills per stamina hour ratio being lower than the knight for obvious reasons.
<span style="font-size: 12px;"> </span>

Trith
30 Aug 16 08:04 PM
Theres already a "custom" stamina system inplace where you only get 8 hours of "good" exp a day (it drops to half after that).

And uhm the other solution is shit because what if I need to clear a quest with a large amount of "small" monsters? i'd destroy my exp for that day.

PS; botting is not a problem.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.