Cyntara - Forum - MC in PvP
Maazik
25 Jun 17 12:46 PM
Knight Reyor and Zach are the same players

Trith
25 Jun 17 01:39 PM
Theres literally a gm next to you, why didn't he just do something while he was there lol

Red
25 Jun 17 10:36 PM
Maazik,

First and foremost I apologize, I probably should have made a more public post regarding this issue. It's currently no longer illegal to use multi-cliented characters to any means. This rule was added to the Cyntara Rules page a while back because we did not have proper systems in place to prevent this abuse across-the-board; this is no longer the case. Since the 10.0.5 Patch we have fully implemented an "Anti Navi MC" system to Cyntara.

Up to three characters per IP address are able to engage in combat at any given time; if a fourth character with the same IP address joins in combat, all 4 characters will have their PvP damage completely nullified until one of the 4 characters loses their combat status. This is our ultimate solution to the Navi MC issue, and we're still considering tweaking the number of characters that can participate in PvP per IP address. However, we believe 2 to 3 characters per IP address is the sweet spot. To take this a step further, we believe the gameplay style itself discourages players from PvPing with multiple characters simultaneously, but abuse can definitely be an issue if somebody were to, for example, stack 15 characters and auto attack anybody that walk by; our system mitigates the possibility to do this in its entirety.

To clear up any further confusion, the rule regarding this issue has been removed from the Cyntara Rules.

Red

Jams
28 Jun 17 11:56 AM
Red said:
Maazik,

First and foremost I apologize, I probably should have made a more public post regarding this issue. It's currently no longer illegal to use multi-cliented characters to any means. This rule was added to the Cyntara Rules page a while back because we did not have proper systems in place to prevent this abuse across-the-board; this is no longer the case. Since the 10.0.5 Patch we have fully implemented an "Anti Navi MC" system to Cyntara.

Up to three characters per IP address are able to engage in combat at any given time; if a fourth character with the same IP address joins in combat, all 4 characters will have their PvP damage completely nullified until one of the 4 characters loses their combat status. This is our ultimate solution to the Navi MC issue, and we're still considering tweaking the number of characters that can participate in PvP per IP address. However, we believe 2 to 3 characters per IP address is the sweet spot. To take this a step further, we believe the gameplay style itself discourages players from PvPing with multiple characters simultaneously, but abuse can definitely be an issue if somebody were to, for example, stack 15 characters and auto attack anybody that walk by; our system mitigates the possibility to do this in its entirety.

To clear up any further confusion, the rule regarding this issue has been removed from the Cyntara Rules.

Red

I agree with this decision. While it's unfortunate that some people will abuse this, the reality of the situation is that many times we find ourselves in a situation where we are MCing to hunt, and then one of two things happen:

Someone is in our spawn that needs to be ERADICATED

Or you're getting jumped and want to make the most of the situation and try to turn the odds.

Great rule change Chandler!

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.