Cyntara - Forum - PSA: You are not allowed to exploit bugs.
Red
09 Jan 18 08:49 AM
Good morning,

Background: For those that are not aware, it was recently discovered that there was a bug regarding a select few items and enchantments that allowed the enchantment stats to be stacked infinitely. This exploit allowed players to stack the "Luck" attribute infinitely and essentially have an 100% drop rate for all items when a monster was killed.

The 'good news': The bug was found by the staff within 24 hours of it being found by players, and patched almost immediately. The extent of the damage was rather low compared to its potential.

The 'bad news': Had the bug been reported, the player to report the bug would have, as the Cyntara Staff always does for major bug reports, been rewarded generously and the bug could have been patched immediately. The bad news is that the bug was not reported until it had been abused and the players abusing the bug had stashed a number of valuables and powerful items. However, upon reviewing many, many automatic database backups I was able to reconstruct an accurate picture of how a lot of the server's rarest items were obtained prematurely.

The solution: The following players have had items that were obtained through the Loot bug removed: Katia, Luffy, Rolekz, Mrtruko, El Puti.
Mrtruko and El Puti have also had their levels downgraded because the items that they earned through exploiting the bug allowed them to level in an extremely unfair field of play. Further, one of the items that were most farmed were Power Tabs. I have evidence that these players had backpacks of Power Tabs that were obtained overnight.

The Message: You are not allowed to exploit bugs.

It is always worth reporting a bug rather than abusing it. I will make sure of it.
Red

Daftzo
09 Jan 18 11:35 AM
Red said:
Good morning,

Background: For those that are not aware, it was recently discovered that there was a bug regarding a select few items and enchantments that allowed the enchantment stats to be stacked infinitely. This exploit allowed players to stack the "Luck" attribute infinitely and essentially have an 100% drop rate for all items when a monster was killed.

The 'good news': The bug was found by the staff within 24 hours of it being found by players, and patched almost immediately. The extent of the damage was rather low compared to its potential.

The 'bad news': Had the bug been reported, the player to report the bug would have, as the Cyntara Staff always does for major bug reports, been rewarded generously and the bug could have been patched immediately. The bad news is that the bug was not reported until it had been abused and the players abusing the bug had stashed a number of valuables and powerful items. However, upon reviewing many, many automatic database backups I was able to reconstruct an accurate picture of how a lot of the server's rarest items were obtained prematurely.

The solution: The following players have had items that were obtained through the Loot bug removed: Katia, Luffy, Rolekz, Mrtruko, El Puti.
Mrtruko and El Puti have also had their levels downgraded because the items that they earned through exploiting the bug allowed them to level in an extremely unfair field of play. Further, one of the items that were most farmed were Power Tabs. I have evidence that these players had backpacks of Power Tabs that were obtained overnight.

The Message: You are not allowed to exploit bugs.

It is always worth reporting a bug rather than abusing it. I will make sure of it.
Red

well ive to say that "However, upon reviewing many, many automatic database backups I was able to reconstruct an accurate picture of how a lot of the server's rarest items were obtained prematurely." this are such lies so as this " I have evidence that these players had backpacks of Power Tabs that were obtained overnight." why? because you removed what u thought was got from bug abuses since you removed "legal" items from Katia and left "not legal" items aswell this kind of stuff needs to be done with a proper investigation, in order to people accept the consequences of the exploits, also i didnt have a single bp of power tabs on my char which leads to another lie, you are barely going into the game and just appeared to point fingers and use the hammer on a general way not even trying to investigate anyone else but those who you listed.

the bug was exploited by many people beyond the black list you gave there, doing such more damge to the game economy, people were exploting this for more than 24hrs, there was paladins with skills capped, such as mages during pvp with +100ml/+100skill/+critc not getting any single punishment?? but those who were "smarter" and tried to get other stuff besides killing people with exploits are getting punish and even losing real cash, time and such things due to a several judgment on ur side..
"It is always worth reporting a bug rather than abusing it. I will make sure of it." <<< what about every other person that exploited this bug before u even know of it, what about the war we lost cause of it?, what about all the cash people got cause of it? WHY YOU ONLY JUDGE 4-5 people from a global server abuse??? YES there were people not abusing it, but most of them were… its simple to know.. why? they were hitting like a truck before the fix, now they are all weak.. ye some skill up.. but in the end you are only judging 4-5 players AND BLACKLISTING them (if blacklisting its a word).

I do agree things needed to be check on, but the way you did this its just wrong, you cant simply come judge 4-5 ppl hard punish, and not even an accurate punishment, and pretend to be one doing the right thing, your dealing with people, customers aswell that paid to support cyntara because the great job the staff is being doing and do play the game

The actions u take and the WAY YOU DID them are just making me mad as hell, why? well its simple.. as for example lets take "El Puti" he paid to Diath for stamina and fishes, and Diath sold them by that time "el puti" already have this items, he could clearly check on and say, "yes i can sell you this, but u cant have those items because they were looted trhough a exploit" or something like that, just not to mettion the amount of cash he spend enchanting that full set and not getting anything back, when he wasnt even aware of a damn bug.

You should have done a proper investigation instead of just hear what some player tells you, u might talk to ur staff before taking this kind of radical decisions, and should have done it earlier…

I havnt had any issue with the cyntara staff till today.. Mr Red you need to improve the way you deal with this things because this kind of stuff will make the server never grow, (which is a sad thing, since I even tried to do what i can to keep people at cyntara..) you should get more involved into the server, do actually talk to ALL PLAYERS do a proper investigation, use ur staff, idk man.. theres alot of diff ways you could take to get the same solution "remove and punish the bug abusers" I know you work alot, youre bussy most of the time, but this kind of stuff.. were you come and point fingers to judge people with not accurate facts its just bad.

Petardo
09 Jan 18 11:57 AM
I messages you about 10 times to report this exact thing and u didnt answer, not my fault you’re just ignoring ur player. I’ve been around cyntara enough to know that repoting a bug to a staff member other than you will only result in two things, them exploiting it and them having the reward all for themselfes. Not fighting, just stating what happened and why i chose not to go to another staff member. Plus posting a thread would only result in more people abusing it

Zach
09 Jan 18 12:43 PM
STFU Red =)

you like to play your server crap with your 10 players all your life

Druid milenium
09 Jan 18 02:07 PM
Zach said:
STFU Red =)

you like to play your server crap with your 10 players all your life

Cyntara will die faster than it should, hahahah.

Milenium

Trith
09 Jan 18 04:43 PM
Bunch of no body's who haven't been relevant in cyntara in about 6 versions are bitching they got caught abusing a bug…lmfao

Go ahead quit with your 3 man team of nobodys if that's what it takes to not deal with crappy bug abuse

Sickness
10 Jan 18 05:59 AM
Notice how all of them have only 1 post on the forum and it's in here to complain about them being caught taking advantage of bugs

Red
13 Jan 18 12:29 AM
Daftzo said:
also i didnt have a single bp of power tabs on my char which leads to another lie, you are barely going into the game and just appeared to point fingers and use the hammer on a general way not even trying to investigate anyone else but those who you listed.
I took the automatic backup from January 7, 2018 at 10:00 EST and logged into Luffy and found this; the Power Tabs pictured did not exist in the database from the day prior. OK, maybe Luffy hunted Undead Dragons and looted them with a legitimate Luck set. The kill statistics page from this same database backup stated that a total of 2485 Undead Dragons had been killed within the last week.

With a bit of code, I was able to simulate the outcome of how many Power Tabs a player is likely to loot if they were to kill 2485 Undead Dragons - I gave Luffy the benefit of the doubt and ran the simulation assuming he killed every Undead Dragon that had ever been killed this season. I even threw Luffy another bone, I gave him a +300% Luck set, which is far higher than anyone has legitimately obtained this season. This was the result - have the code, too, try it yourself.

Daftzo said:
but those who were "smarter" and tried to get other stuff besides killing people with exploits are getting punish
Yes, if "smarter" is what you would like to call it.
The temporary benefits gained from the exploit for non-Luck related skills were removed in full - automatically - when the patch went live. Items that were obtained through the Luck bug had to be removed at a later date (which I had to do manually) since it is impossible retroactively "un-loot" items.

Petardo said:
I messages you about 10 times to report this exact thing and u didnt answer, not my fault you’re just ignoring ur player.
If you truly did leave a message regarding this issue in a place that the Development Team could read and did not respond, this is a responsibility that rests on our shoulders. However, the appropriate response certainly is not to go on and abuse the bug. There is no appropriate justification for that rationale.

Petardo said:
I’ve been around cyntara enough to know that repoting a bug to a staff member other than you will only result in two things, them exploiting it and them having the reward all for themselves. Not fighting, just stating what happened and why i chose not to go to another staff member.
This is speculative at best. I am confident that no member of the Cyntara Staff values an exploit in one of Cyntara's many seasons over their hard-earned position as a staff member.

I have never had a staff member message me stating that a player has a serious inquiry about a major exploit and would like to speak to Diath or I privately and then blow the message off. If one staff member does not take that message seriously, you have six others you can reach out to.

If any third party is truly speculative of my assessment and findings, I am willing to offer complete transparency; I am prepared to set up a test server and allow players to log into the characters that were administered a punishment and take a look at what I found. It's an unaltered snapshot of Cyntara v10-s2 on January 7, 2018 at 10:00.

You are not allowed to exploit bugs.
It is always worth reporting a bug rather than abusing it.

Red

Zero Fucks Given
18 Jan 18 01:24 PM
I reported a bug! I played with it for about 20 minutes. I did kill a few players with it. For that I'm sorry. I did give Diath in depth detail about the bug.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.