Cyntara - Forum - Why I think v10 wasn't as successful at it could have been.
Trith
24 Jul 17 10:33 PM
Just a few thoughts on why I think v10 wasn't as great as it could have been.

1. Mid level mage spawns - There simply were not enough solo huntable mage spawns for mid level mages. Even after asking for more all we got was 2 more ek spawns, 1 revamped mage spawn and enlarged elves. This is on the right track but still needs to be fixed.

2. Dungeons - Took forever for the bugs to be fixed, And once the bugs were fixed we still cannot use our dungeon tokens.

3. Too many knight dependent spawns - If a mage wants to take top level they MUST have knight auto luring for them. (atleast for mid level mages) Mages need a LOT more(like atleast 5) more solo hunteable spawns. Every other vocation has this, so why not mages.

4. Staff hosted events - Once heztix became inactive the events all but stopped. Most of the events were either at 3AM est or simply did not happen. Events needed to be more frequently and at much better hours. I know some of this blame lies with Harlow, but honestly I could see he was very limited on what he could do/give out. He is the event manager and he should be allowed to manage his own events as he sees fit. Giving out what ever and doing what ever he thinks the players would enjoy.

5. The raids were much much too spammed. The raids need to be a LOT more rare so people actually have a reason to go to the events and fight over them, Also the levers in mind flayers literally have zero purpose, No matter how often I try to summon raids it always says "this raid is already active"

6. Enchantment gap was way too large. The amount that orbs broke really gave players that already had a lead on their eq a MUCH larger lead. Even with 41 enchanting im still using 8-10 orbs just to get 4 slots on my eq. Enchantments should be easier to put onto eq so the people who are already ahead do not simply stay ahead for ever because they are simply stronger.

7. Mages should NOT be able to get the same amount of death cap as a knight. This is silly and makes mages far too tanky in war. Why should a knight and a mage be able to tank the same of ToTs? What purpose does an ek have then. (make protection an enchant mages may not use, similar to how knights cant use mlvl)

8. The lack of "leadership" from Diath, Red, and SIlence. I know you have since started trying to be more active but it really needs to be shown that you guys are around. 3 "heads" of cyntara and seeing you guys ingame is almost as rare as winning the lottery. Iknow you guys get spammed a lot when you are in game but I'm going to go ahead and assume thats because you are never on. If you are on more often the spam will eventually slow down.

9. Many of the posts on forums only get replied to once a week (if that). It literally takes a few seconds for a staff member to reply to posts to show they CARE about what the community has to say. Remember when we had our old vbulletin forums and the staff would be shit posting daily? We need that again.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Feedback is appreciated (refer to point 9)

Dafter
24 Jul 17 10:57 PM
I was making a thread like this, and we actually come with some of the same ideas, here ill list mines, instead of making a new thread:

About v10 failing…

Its sad to hear, and see how the server came down so fast again, even with all these new adds and maps
theres basically 2 teams with the most active people, and day by day more people is starting to quit
leading to the new cyntara members to abandon the server really soon, so a thought on why i think V10 failed so quick

-The server started as a v9 (2.0) basically, the new adds when we started was the weapon upgrader crystal
the new city, and a few revamps
-The server stayed 1month basically without any major change at all

-The solutions we came up with about mid level mages spawn were just kinda half implemented,
we suggested the raise of xp on wyrms and different mobs, same as task to make em worth it
we got revamp on elves(???),2 more ek spots, and revamp on wyrms (which was a nice map but not the xp or the task
so its just the same thing) oh and we got the 1.8k zone, which is an end game place, with slow spawn rate
low xp besides the sight of surrender and theres only 3..(?)
-We were beggin for the lws to get revamp again or the old map, since this new one its just not worth the try, we also suggested
to reduce their aoe, but nothing happend, so the mages stayed at hydras and team hunt demons and flayers
basically nothing changed (there is no spot for a mage to solo hunt like hydras)
-There was suddenly a lack on staff events, when we were having fun with 1 event at least per day
-The excitment for raids were just killed with the spam of raids some times 2 or 3 raids at venore at a time
and the people just walled they way out of it, making it really annoying (change locations please)
(put more cooldowns on raids)
-There was really low presence of the Cyntara staff, I know we all have lives, but im sure more than one
would like to read more about whats going on with the server regularly
-There was alot of content half implemented, which made the players feel awkard and to wait for more stuff incoming which just took years
and some of it, its just not released yet
-

As feedback and recomendations:

-The server has alot of really nice and new stuff that i believe were implemented properly and earlier would help cyntara to last longer (prey system, dungeons, quests, etc)
Also i would strongly recommend to give the guild war system a reward for completing a war so the pvp gets a buff, and guilds would actually use this system (there were only 1 guild war at v10)
-The mining quest was interesting to see, id suggest that the rusty remover vendor/quest gets it location changed to that quest
-Besides all the RPG Cyntara can give, there was barely 0 encouragment on PvP at server, and usually the fun from Ots its based there
-Maybe for future versions Id suggest to get some old stuff, like the nub zone, there was alot of fun in there

Fargo
25 Jul 17 11:03 AM
On #4, the reason why I've stopped doing events, by large, is simply due to not having the energy to host a five hour event after an eight hour work day. Sure, I could do a Cookson event but those are kind of crappy. For any other event, like 'kill this rat in the main city' will tend to have to make me dedicated at minimum of an hour. Most events take a lot more time then you think it does, from the set up to the completion.
If Dismas wants to host more events and needs rewards, he can just ask me. There is nothing really stopping him from creating an event.

As for the legendary warriors, I implemented the old map which was visible on the test server. (Trith knows what map I'm talking about)

Trith
25 Jul 17 03:07 PM
Silence said:
On #4, the reason why I've stopped doing events, by large, is simply due to not having the energy to host a five hour event after an eight hour work day. Sure, I could do a Cookson event but those are kind of crappy. For any other event, like 'kill this rat in the main city' will tend to have to make me dedicated at minimum of an hour. Most events take a lot more time then you think it does, from the set up to the completion.
If Dismas wants to host more events and needs rewards, he can just ask me. There is nothing really stopping him from creating an event.

As for the legendary warriors, I implemented the old map which was visible on the test server. (Trith knows what map I'm talking about)

I agree events do require a lot of time to run/set-up, and theres nothing you can really do about that other than do low set-up events such as soccer, Push event, an event from last reset that I can only describe as whoever last hits a certain character in duel arena wins and stuff like that.

Also as for the LW spawn swap, I think it would be in everyones best interest if instead of dropping one spawn and replacing it you could just add a ladder in the current cave (or tp at the end) to goto the surface where the "new" spawn is located. More monsters is always better.

Maazik
26 Jul 17 12:56 PM
Silence said:

Well, Dismas is the only one who's hosting events right now, I haven't seen Heztix in long time, his events are so EPIC.
@Red @Diath -How about promoting Lpepe? He's very active and he could host events ( if he wants and if he knows how ). His GM is literally useless, can't even teleport people if they get stuck. Deserves a chance in my opinion.

God
22 Jan 18 09:23 PM
Lets revamp cyntara with new monsters to level with remove all monsters and start fresh would be interesting boring of same demons undead hydras soul eaters wyrms for the past 10 years lets spice up cyntara if you would.

unforgiven

Ownez
24 Jan 18 05:46 PM
Main things I noticed were insane lack of events and not many mage spawns.

Also I still believe the frag time needs to be brought from 2 to 1 hour at least. Also you may want to re look over that whole frag reward system since 4k frags is practically encouraging me to kill an alt char over and over because there's no other way to get it.

Yeah as Trith said after you just have your staff character online for a while the messages for sure slow down. I used to leave my GM sitting by the old couch all the time and only had people asking questions or chatting. You guys should be out and about more for sureeee now that I think about it

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.