Cyntara - Forum - Dev Note: PvP & Blessing Changes
Red
01 May 20 08:07 PM
Hello,

I wanted to discuss some ideas I've had about some potential upcoming changes regarding PvP and Blessings. I'll provide the "what" and "why".

What? Remove Unfair Fight Protection (UFP) if you're PZ-locked.
Why? If a player is engaged in combat with another player they should not be protected by UFP; this system was created to prevent players from losing excess experience if they are being random PK'd / harassed by a group of players. By removing UFP from players that are PZ-locked, they would lose more experience when dying to players while PZ-locked; this would also increase the experience gained from killing these players.

What? Remove item drop from death unless red skull.
Why? When players are paying real money for equipment and items, it feels really bad to force players to say !bless or purchase Infinite Blessings in order to ensure that the items that they had purchased don't get lost on death on accident. Players with a red skull will still lose all of their equipment like normal. The purpose of blessings will to be protect a portion of experience loss.

What? Blessings only cover experience loss in PvE.
Why? We've received a lot of feedback from players that battles / wars feel unrewarding or pointless due to the lack of experience loss on death. This could be mitigated by allowing blessings to only protect experience loss in the event of a PvE death. Of course, to prevent players from suiciding to monsters if a battle is futile, a PvE death would only be considered if a player dies with PZ-lock.

These are three quick points I would like to gather player feedback on prior to investigating further; other ideas regarding PvP, guilds, and guild wars are being explored as well. Any comments / questions / concerns / suggestions regarding the above are appreciated.
Red

Ownez
01 May 20 08:27 PM
What? Remove item drop from death unless red skull. TERRIBLE

When players are paying real money for equipment and items, it feels really bad to force players to say !bless or purchase Infinite Blessings in order to ensure that the items that they had purchased don't get lost on death on accident. Players with a red skull will still lose all of their equipment like normal. The purpose of blessings will to be protect a portion of experience loss.
- yikes disagree

Trith
01 May 20 08:44 PM
I agree with all 3 points, This basically means that high lvls are a negative in warmode since you'll be donating mad amounts of exp to the enemy team meaning the enemy team has a huge incentive to fight and sneak

Shunuck
01 May 20 08:50 PM
Ownez said:
What? Remove item drop from death unless red skull. TERRIBLE

When players are paying real money for equipment and items, it feels really bad to force players to say !bless or purchase Infinite Blessings in order to ensure that the items that they had purchased don't get lost on death on accident. Players with a red skull will still lose all of their equipment like normal. The purpose of blessings will to be protect a portion of experience loss.
- yikes disagree

Great feedback. 10/10, would consider reading again.

As for my feedback - I think all the points are fair. I'm kind of on the fence about item drop, since part of the excitement about pvp'ing is seeing if your opponents dropped their items. However, being on both sides of the fence, I can understand the crappy feeling of losing items you paid for. Perhaps the amount of frags towards red skull can be lowered slightly? Pvp should have some other risk/reward apart from gaining & losing exp.

Ownez
01 May 20 10:28 PM
its part of tibia you drop items if you forget to bless or aol, everythings turning into butterflys and rainbows around here so everyone can feel safe, i mean you already got perma bless as an item. make a war bp or remember to bless, theres a reason 99% of the fights nobody drops shit

WibbenZ
02 May 20 07:12 PM
Red said:
Hello,
What? Remove Unfair Fight Protection (UFP) if you're PZ-locked.

IMO it would be better to compare the attacker(s) level / rebirth.
This way to make it useless to hunt lower level / none-rb players.
And maybe even count the amount of people you took damage from, ex is it 10v1 compared to 1v1 (kinda like rl does)
Once again to avoid abusing when going ex 10vs1 to kill someone in a clean combo.

Red said:
Hello,
What? Remove item drop from death unless red skull.

Really can't see a point with this, people who don't want to lose items will buy forever bless, people who are stupid enough to not see the 5-10 spam messages that you don't have bless ~ desverves to lose it.
Those who don't agree with this are those who die all the time and are used to seeing that message.
All I have to say to them is to buy forever bless insted of focusing on donation EQ / enchants.

Red said:
Hello,
What? Blessings only cover experience loss in PvE.

Can't say this would be a good ide, mainly because it could be abused.
Ex mw someone off attacking you and insted die by a monster close by, they still have pz but you don't lose any / less experience / skills from it.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.