Cyntara - Forum - A check on cyntara rules
Dafter
02 Jul 17 11:47 AM
Well i thought we were all grown ups and kinda respectful community but theres a sad fact where people on server have come a bit too far on insulting, harassing, inciting, being racist and such, i know its the internet, i can stand it at certain point, but lately the racism and insults from certain players have cross the lane since it gets really annoying for more than 1 person, ik theres the ignore button but itd nicer to see any rule statment where the GMs can act if the situation is just too much, (if theres one already just ignore this)
Thx in advance

Secret
02 Jul 17 12:59 PM
I was going to say something in respect to this topic earlier but I think it's better someone(Dafter in this instance) who was being impacted by the conduct of certain players came forth.
I know it's Summer time and the majority of the people playing on the server are still youthful adolescents trying to stir people up and troll but going around making fun of people because they speak a particular language is distasteful and ignorant and just goes to show how easy it is to influence people to behave in a certain manner(monkey see monkey do). Rise above your primal urges to call each other racial slurs or profile people in general. Just because someone types in Spanish doesn't mean they're Mexican or what have you and this goes for any particular circumstance you can fit this in.
I'm pointing out the whole Mexican thing because I see it on the daily.

Set an example for everyone around you. Play Tibia to create a positive environment that players may have some fun and competition in. Making the server a negative space will just make people quit and dislike the time they spent playing here.

Trith
02 Jul 17 03:14 PM
Name and shame the retard

Dafter
02 Jul 17 08:08 PM
Trith said:
Name and shame the retard
Wall of shame or what? And its not only 1 guy there was some others from power house being racist dicks, i mean idgf if they think im mexican or african or asian, thats not my point but the fact that they make this appointments on such a racist way its annoying and makes ppl feel unconfrtable to play with em, i mean we all insult each other from time.to time but theres situations where is just too much, and where i think the authority shud make a move
(Staff)

Red
03 Jul 17 09:46 AM
My staff is instructed to mute players that spam messages of those likes in public channels. Unfortunately, "severity" of any offensive language used is incredibly subjective and cannot be fair to all players across-the-board. I have absolutely no intention of allowing players to report player statements and punishing all offensive language; I don't want people questioning whether or not they should send a message or not when playing Cyntara.

Harassment, however, is against the Cyntara Rules.

If the context of a message can be considered harassment, it is punishable. (Including but not limited to: statements that are personally offensive, threatening the safety of another player, or offenses on non-Cyntara platforms.) The sanction is based on the seriousness of the offense, which will be determined by a staff member.

As Trith had already mentioned, this is an issue that should be looked inwardly by the community. A lot of Cyntara players have a lot of pride in Cyntara and their community; in my opinion, everybody is here for the same reason - to have fun.

I would also recommend using your built-in ignore list to ignore players that are bothering you. You can even ignore all private messages and whitelist people that you do want to hear from. There are a lot of ways to angle it!
Red

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.