Cyntara - Forum - Training Tiles > Offline Trainers
Jams
24 Jun 17 03:01 PM
I have a simple complaint. It feels like there's no reason to use offline trainers. The gains are worse, the stamina gain is worse (or so I've been told, and it does seem that way) and so it's entirely not beneficial to use them. You have to leave your computer on. What's more, you have to pay for premium to access them!

My proposition is this. I understand the decreased gains. It makes perfect sense. However, I request that the stamina gain be faster or at least as fast as training tiles, and boost the ML gain at least a little bit. In 12 hours I received 11% of my ML, and I'm not even top 50. I'm not a fan of leaving my computer on outside of going into sleep mode after an hour or so, however I almost have to if I want to be even close to the front page of ML! That's not very nice.

afterthought: YOU ALSO can't get anything from the Cyntara lottery! It's just super bad and I think needs retuning. I get that it's not supposed to be better than online training, but as of now it's actually around 15x worse.

Relaxx
25 Jun 17 11:28 AM
I agree that offline training is bad, maybe they can buff it a little so people use it and who knows maybe they buy premium to use them. But in the part of the lottery i dont agree lol why would a player win lottery by being offline?

Red
25 Jun 17 11:09 PM
Jams said:
I have a simple complaint. It feels like there's no reason to use offline trainers. The gains are worse, the stamina gain is worse (or so I've been told, and it does seem that way) and so it's entirely not beneficial to use them. You have to leave your computer on. What's more, you have to pay for premium to access them!

My proposition is this. I understand the decreased gains. It makes perfect sense. However, I request that the stamina gain be faster or at least as fast as training tiles, and boost the ML gain at least a little bit. In 12 hours I received 11% of my ML, and I'm not even top 50. I'm not a fan of leaving my computer on outside of going into sleep mode after an hour or so, however I almost have to if I want to be even close to the front page of ML! That's not very nice.

afterthought: YOU ALSO can't get anything from the Cyntara lottery! It's just super bad and I think needs retuning. I get that it's not supposed to be better than online training, but as of now it's actually around 15x worse.
Jams,

As you already mentioned, all of this is intentional. The stamina regeneration rate for training tiles is the same for free account players as it would be to be offline, if not only a slight bit faster; forgive me, I wrote a lot of this code a long time ago. We, of course, want to encourage players to stay online as we want to people to invest more into their character. More investment usually equals more commitment to their character and almost directly relates to more commitment to the server in general. And as for the lottery, I simply don't have a good way to apply lottery rewards to offline players at this time, nor do I find it fruitful to add such a feature.

The other major issue you mentioned is the abysmal magic level gain rate for mages using offline training. Unfortunately, as you can also see in Global, this is very problematic. The default rate of magic level gain depends on mana regeneration rate, and burning that mana as its regenerated. This, of course, considering all of the other ways players burn mana in Cyntara (runes and potions, namely) is a very poor way to mana train. If we were to adjust the offline training skill for magic level, at what rate would we set it to? I've personally seen both extremes of mana training on Cyntara; from the abysmally slow mana regeneration method to literally 3 characters using Great Mana Potions on one player as they cast Exevo Vita every turn. The game in general simply isn't set up in a way that's conducive to offline training for mages.

What I would definitely consider is making offline training available for free account players. I never truly considered it a "perk" of having a premium account. It's basically a requirement to use the statues OOTB and that's how it has been.

Red

Jams
26 Jun 17 03:35 PM
Red said:
Jams said:

Jams,

As you already mentioned, all of this is intentional. The stamina regeneration rate for training tiles is the same for free account players as it would be to be offline, if not only a slight bit faster; forgive me, I wrote a lot of this code a long time ago. We, of course, want to encourage players to stay online as we want to people to invest more into their character. More investment usually equals more commitment to their character and almost directly relates to more commitment to the server in general. And as for the lottery, I simply don't have a good way to apply lottery rewards to offline players at this time, nor do I find it fruitful to add such a feature.

Red

I'm going to push back here, Chan. You've made some decisions based off of "we want X to be advantageous for all players" (think 32 hour stamina change). You want to be able to change up the status quo of the server (same teams every reset). Going along with this logic, how is it fair for people who:

1. can't leave their computer on all night for some reason or another. (Toaster, poor net quality, electricity bills, etc.) < Which, since this is Tibia, is more common than you'd think given that many people play this game for it's low requirements to run.
2. don't use a bot because they're against it?
This seems pretty shitty to be honest. Usually at home I have freedom be on my good computer and therefore can leave on my pc all night, but if I do that on this laptop that's not very powerful, a situation many people are in, then it begins to get slow and heat up. I gained 11%in 12 hours compared to the 1.5-2~ mls I'd gain overnight ml training. 11%. It's not a matter of "not as good", its a matter of "why the hell does this even exist on the server?" At least make it obvious how shitty they are so people don't waste their time.

Your solution is good insofar as people don't get the wrong idea about offline trainers being worth anything.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.