Cyntara - Forum - So ye I think this needs to be said.
Information
This thread is locked from further replies.
Jams
07 Jan 18 01:38 AM
>tfw you literally could have avoided 3 pages of flaming autism by just reimbursing them for your own mistakes

geniuses

LMAO

stop being so sensitive, unban Fred. goddamn pussies getting offended over the internet

Fred Beron
07 Jan 18 01:55 AM
I would also like to point out at how silly this new fucking artifact shit is (the hype around this eras update). You removed p2w sets from the server NIIIIIIIIICE but now you need to get enchanting lvl 25+4 orbs for ur artifact wand in order to upgrade it to what you want. You cant just take the cheaper route like we do and funnel all of ur orbs into 1 char which makes the most sense. So now in order to get ur artifact weapon maxed you would need around $30 in points to orb it and enchant urself up to lvl 25 unless u wanna grind or bot tasks(and get rooked/lose ur set) in order to upgrade ur best wand. Also good luck looting ur orbs of enchanting since the drop rate is pretty much like next to none. smh….. i thought this era was not as p2w as before but im sadly mistaken the only difference is its not impossible to get some items.

Fuck you

Etched
07 Jan 18 01:25 PM
I find it hilarious that the intended purpose of not logging you out when you die was to manipulate the player count while people were AFK Botting in the event that they killed but instead all you managed to do was make sure that those who AFK bot just logout instead of taking the risk of dying repeatedly and losing a bunch of money, levels, eq, etc.. which in turn just lowered those online numbers you were trying to keep up

tl;dr Diath, you and your staff are completely retarded and when this OT fails due to your stupidity you'll have no one else to blame but yourselves.

Diath
07 Jan 18 02:54 PM
@Fred:
Your ban should have already expired.

As for the top fraggers - it isn't working due to the fact that it's tightly coupled with the frag reward system which has been disabled last season due to abuse. It may return if we make it count frags independently of the rewards (which we're looking into), however, if that will be the case, no frags will be counted towards the top fraggers retroactively.

Regarding the enchants on artifact weapons - that was not intentional, it's a side effect of having the weapons tied to the owner. This can be potentially fixed and will be if we come up with a decent solution that plays nicely with the item ownership system but for the time being we have no good solution for that.

If you wish to discuss any of these things any further or suggest a possible solution - feel free to make another thread that's specific to these topics.

@Etched:
We cannot possibly foresee every possible outcome of a feature, especially when developing for the most common denominator - the vanilla client. Such changes are volatile in nature, and are not strictly specific to Cyntara. A good example of this was the issue with the loot system that caused XenoBot and WindBot to crash, we didn't tell people to suck it up, instead they were nice enough to work with us towards pinpointing the specific cause of the issue and fixing it - as a result, we were able to retain the custom loot messages while making bot users happy. Likewise, in this case, if any of you has any idea how we could address it so that both, the system stays and the bots do not act the way they do when presented with such scenario, we would be happy to make it work that way. We're not expecting you to find a cure for the problem either, but trying to be objective and suggesting a possible solution that would work for both parties involved in a civilized manner instead of resorting to namecalling would be nice. Furthermore I don't see why the change couldn't be reverted if it continues to do more harm than good. Just as it was added, it can be as easily removed, as nothing is definitely permanent, and what's a better place to collect feedback from players than the server where these players are actually playing?

Anyhow, I'm closing this thread, as everything that was meant to be said about it has been said.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.