Cyntara - Forum - So ye I think this needs to be said.
Information
This thread is locked from further replies.
Masterpvp
06 Jan 18 07:26 PM
Kannibale said:
Masterpvp said:
Kannibale said:
100+ ml? LOL wtf i thought he just meant you had more of a chance to get ml and crit enchant. If that's actually true it's sad you guys won war by literally just 1 fight. LOLOL wtf

Also you have to enchant your own this shit reset since your artifact weapon can't be dropped / traded. So everyones been doing their own thing

fucking dirty cheaters LOL smh 100 ml?
How does enchanting ML and crit on your soft boots = you are abusing the bug? Those are the best enchants for a mage and easily the first 2 things I would enchant on my character. I mean it's a good theory but you are accusing yourself as well because I've seen your players with crit and ML on their boots.

Fred wasn't clear when he explained it. So I just thought he meant the bug was a higher chance to get magic level or crit enchant instead of other skills.

I didn't know it was letting you stack 100+ ml
I'm still not sure what the bug is but ML and Crit are the 2 most common enchants for a mage.

Diath
06 Jan 18 07:40 PM
@Masterpvp:
Care to elaborate what exactly am I lying about?

Fargo
06 Jan 18 07:53 PM
Masterpvp said:
I wasn't going into a spawn. I was running out of temple and it wasn't a script, it was auto explore so if I reconnect my character will run out of pz. So please, tell me who's fault it is, the person who doesn't mention the new update, or the person who had no idea what would happen to his char if it died? You admit to being too busy so that is why you couldn't mention the update in the patch, that's fine, but why am I getting punished for YOUR mistake? You also told me this in discord: diath - Today at 10:40 AM
it wasn't meant to go live but since you guys were abusing the softs enchant bug we had to release the patch earlier
that's why we forgot to mention it

So what is it Diath? Who are you lying to? Me or the Cyntara community?

This mistake is not as simple as "oh it just came out early, my bad guys". I bet I could force a bunch of people out of temple and steal their eq, would that make new players want to play again? When they wake up naked and dropped 50+ levels? That is counter-productive and will make you lose players at the end of the day.

I read the patch notes every time they come up and somehow it is my fault for not knowing that you have silently put a new update that puts players at risk to lose all their equipment?

I would be very interested in hearing your response.

I understand that you're upset but I would like to know how we, the developers, were suppose to know that a bot can bypass a window which normally makes any and all actions unable to be preformed. Is it our fault that you set up a bot which ignores window prompts and then used the most ineffective way to cavebot? It's not. We develop content for our server, not for botting software and we cannot make any changes to how your bot acts. If you want to be upset with someone, be upset with the bot developers for making software, which you seem to rely upon, doing actions it shouldn't under new circumstances. So far the only people that this change is impacting is your team. While it may imply that you were 'targeted', it's far from the case as this change is intended to be a quality of life improvement for all players.

You were punished by yourself for putting your up-most trust in software when you configured it poorly. Rather than looking outward for blame, look at it from our perspective. It's not a black and white ordeal but an unintended consequence of a variety of factors.

Kannibale
06 Jan 18 07:59 PM
Silence said:
Masterpvp said:
I wasn't going into a spawn. I was running out of temple and it wasn't a script, it was auto explore so if I reconnect my character will run out of pz. So please, tell me who's fault it is, the person who doesn't mention the new update, or the person who had no idea what would happen to his char if it died? You admit to being too busy so that is why you couldn't mention the update in the patch, that's fine, but why am I getting punished for YOUR mistake? You also told me this in discord: diath - Today at 10:40 AM
it wasn't meant to go live but since you guys were abusing the softs enchant bug we had to release the patch earlier

This mistake is not as simple as "oh it just came out early, my bad guys". I bet I could force a bunch of people out of temple and steal their eq, would that make new players want to play again? When they wake up naked and dropped 50+ levels? That is counter-productive and will make you lose players at the end of the day.

I read the patch notes every time they come up and somehow it is my fault for not knowing that you have silently put a new update that puts players at risk to lose all their equipment?

I understand that you're upset but I would like to know how we, the developers, were suppose to know that a bot can bypass a window which normally makes any and all actions unable to be preformed. Is it our fault that you set up a bot which ignores window prompts and then used the most ineffective way to cavebot? It's not. We develop content for our server, not for botting software and we cannot make any changes to how your bot acts. If you want to be upset with someone, be upset with the bot developers for making software, which you seem to rely upon, doing actions it shouldn't under new circumstances. So far the only people that this change is impacting is your team. While it may imply that you were 'targeted', it's far from the case as this change is intended to be a quality of life improvement for all players.

You were punished by yourself for putting your up-most trust in software when you configured it poorly. Rather than looking outward for blame, look at it from our perspective. It's not a black and white ordeal but an unintended consequence of a variety of factors.

Yes it was 100% his fault, if he even tries to argue anything other than the fact a GM was involved any point he makes is invalid.

That was the only issue.

Masterpvp
06 Jan 18 08:28 PM
Silence said:
Masterpvp said:

All of your playerbase bots lol. How inconsiderate are you? Playing dumb isn't going to work with me, you know your players use bots and you know the afk bot whether it is overnight or for 10 mins. I'm not the only player that got punished for Diath's error, there's going to be more and more cases. Just take a look at temple, there's several players poofing and clearly not at their screen. There's a good chance one of them can be lured out in a couple of ways. When he dies is he going to cry? Oh please, "this change is intended to be a quality of life improvement for all players", and how is that going to happen? Is it when they lose their eq, that's going to improve their quality of life? Or when they lose 50+ levels?

I was punished because I trusted the owners of this server to warn their playerbase they could be at risk. I can find you some afk botters right now if you'd like. I can also find you OT servers who are very successful that have a rule implemented that doesn't allow players to be killed 20+ times because they were botting and re-connected. My issue isn't with the re-connecting part, my issue is that why it wasn't told to the Cyntara playerbase, why we aren't being compensated for DIATH'S significant error, and a GM abusing players who have no control over their character. I was vulnerable and a GM took advantage of that. Nobody has a problem with that?

You can blame the bot if i bot afk tonight and end up getting rooked outside of cyntara temple, but you cannot blame me when NOBODY was told the update. I can make it my job to lure players outside of cyntara temple because they are afk and kill them. But, I care about this OT and I don't take advantage of people who have no control of their character.

Diath said:
@Masterpvp:
Care to elaborate what exactly am I lying about?
nvm.

Reply to my questions though. I'm interested to hear who you think is wrong.

Erik
06 Jan 18 09:07 PM
Silence:

Wolf:
Dude your way of seeing things its so fucked up i cant believe you are staff member, first of all :
Who are u to say that of magebot? unless u are a rpg fag i would choose mage ftw
Second : if u were paying attention last reset only ONE real war went between corruption and azurs team, then azurs team left and boom, no war, server death after 1-2 weeks and only few stayed rpging, right now ur desicions of keeping people online when they die doesnt help anyone but the owners of the ot , because that new window believe me or not its shit, you the staff must work for the community and magebot is a software used by most of the community, and yeah, if u paid attention to the temple u can see people just spuffing there that aint cool , just let us die like it used to , because its ur fault that from one day to another that shit changed.

Diath
06 Jan 18 09:46 PM
Masterpvp said:

I'm not sure what exactly do you want me to say, as I have already stated that the lack of mention in the patch notes about this feature was due to an error on our part. Unless you're asking about the whole thing related to Lpepe killing you, in which case, I don't see what significance does him being a GM have. He killed another player using his player character, with no GM powers involved, so let's put that one aside. He didn't mindlessly start killing you either before asking if that's fine by the rules which was - at that time - because neither of us knew about the correlation between that situation and the change that went live. Mind you that was roughly two hours before you messaged me on Discord and made us aware of the situation. If you're still looking for an answer as who's to blame for the latter point, then let me make it clear that I have already mentioned that yes, it was me who made the call on this one.

There were numerous mistakes that I admittedly made this season so far and for the most part people were compensated for them, either because that was 100% an issue on my part or simply because they were nice about it. However in this case I, personally, am not going to compensate anyone because as Silence neatly put it - there were multiple factors involved. Red still may or may not compensate you independently once he catches up with all of this but as far as my involvement goes with regards to this situation, my initial post and this one are all I have to say about it.

Masterpvp
06 Jan 18 11:26 PM
Diath said:
Masterpvp said:

I'm not sure what exactly do you want me to say, as I have already stated that the lack of mention in the patch notes about this feature was due to an error on our part. Unless you're asking about the whole thing related to Lpepe killing you, in which case, I don't see what significance does him being a GM have. He killed another player using his player character, with no GM powers involved, so let's put that one aside. He didn't mindlessly start killing you either before asking if that's fine by the rules which was - at that time - because neither of us knew about the correlation between that situation and the change that went live. Mind you that was roughly two hours before you messaged me on Discord and made us aware of the situation. If you're still looking for an answer as who's to blame for the latter point, then let me make it clear that I have already mentioned that yes, it was me who made the call on this one.

There were numerous mistakes that I admittedly made this season so far and for the most part people were compensated for them, either because that was 100% an issue on my part or simply because they were nice about it. However in this case I, personally, am not going to compensate anyone because as Silence neatly put it - there were multiple factors involved. Red still may or may not compensate you independently once he catches up with all of this but as far as my involvement goes with regards to this situation, my initial post and this one are all I have to say about it.
Whatever man. If that's the message you're sending to your players and community then that's your choice.

Trith
07 Jan 18 01:10 AM
I hate myself for saying this but Fred is right, this shouldn't of happened and he should be compensated for this. He got heavily fucked over because of your mistakes and now you want to fuck him over again by blaming him this is not fair.

You (diath) made a mistake and fred got hurt so own up like a man and make things right.

Also so much tears in this thread over nothing Jesus

Ps; this feature should be removed it's dumb and helps no one and only causes harm because of bots

Fred Beron
07 Jan 18 01:33 AM
No its fine if I dont get compensated for this then i am considering cyntara dead this era to me and I am going to spend my day luring kids out of pz and rooking them or killing auto refillers until you fucking gms get to work and find a way to work around this issue. If you aren't going to man up to ur mistakes and fix ur mistake then you dont deserve to have a populated server this era. I also think silence is prob the worst gm in cyntara to the current date and I dont even know why you let his ass be a gm, but hey every server needs a team mascot i guess.

Also if im not unbanned tomorrow like silence said and i miss my 7th day daily stack I am making another post and prob just quitting this era for good. This has by far been the worst era in 4 seasons in terms of mistakes being made. #ripcyntarav8season4

Fuck you

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.