Cyntara - Forum - So ye I think this needs to be said.
Information
This thread is locked from further replies.
Diath
06 Jan 18 04:58 PM
Fred said:
In this quality post nowhere does it say you fixed the soft boots bug or did you say that you changed that when you die you do not logout anymore.

It mentions that the enchantment stacking bug has been fixed. It does not mention that the other feature has been added because it wasn't meant to go live just yet, it was scheduled for our next weekly update but due to the bug with enchantments we had to release an emergency patch that addressed it and it went out along with all the other changes that were ready for the live server.
It's just that the patch notes were not updated to state so as they're (for the most part) updated as we finalize a certain feature. It's an error on our part, yes, but between a dozen of people messaging us in-game, another dozen on Discord, and a lot of emails PLUS continuously working on updating the server on a daily basis it's easy to overlook something as benign as a single mention of a feature in patch notes - even more so if you do not anticipate to have it released just yet.

Fred said:
I would also like to point out that lpepe a gm ended up farming him and taking his shit instead of kicking him when he knew this was not clarified as well.

First of all I'd like to point out that he was not aware of the existence of that change at all. Aside from Silence (and not even in all cases), the staff isn't being updated on the features Red and I are working on unless they suggest something that we're already working on or if they report a bug that can be abused that we want to get resolved quickly in which case we will mention it so that they can relay the information onto the players that are concerned about it.
This is because there's no reason for them to know about these features because, among other reasons, their primary role is helping newcomers out and keeping in touch with the community, and reporting things back to us about what happened on the server while we were not available if anything noteworthy had happened.
Furthermore I gave him the green light for killing you, not because out of spite, not because I wanted to foster a bug abuse, but because he asked me if it's fine to repeatedly kill a bot that keeps going back to a spawn which as far as I am concerned is fine - I did not know the context of the whole situation and neither did he because he was not aware of the change but he is definitely not to blame here and if you are looking for a scapegoat I am willing to take full responsibility for this one.

Fred said:
I am also curious as to why this feature is even added because the only reason I see this being needed/wanted is to keep Cyntaras online count high since you wont log off if u die. I have 4 solutions to this new feature.
1) Remove this stupid feature there is no point to having it
2) Make it so that when you die you have to click the ok box before you can move again
3) Make a textbox pop up saying like a basic math problem like 2+2 and have us type in the number and click ok.
4) Dont release untested new features on a live server, use a test server pls.

That's exactly the reason why the feature has been added - if we can help it we want to keep the player count as high as possible. You have to understand the importance of advertisements and being at the top of the servers list - it helps out immensely to keep the players count as high as possible within legal bounds (even somewhat artificially like in this case, or through features that foster staying online like the training tiles), it ensures the longevity of the server because the more players there are online the more newcomers you're likely draw towards the server which, for everyone involved (the admins, the staff and the players), is a good thing.
It's not like we're doing any shenanigans with it either, we're not artificially spoofing the number of players or anything, because as far as anyone is concerned in terms of the players count there's no difference between a bot standing on a training tile, hunting somewhere, or simply idling in the temple.
You have to understand that it's very important for us take any measurements we can to draw new players to the server because without them we could very well have a dead server by now just like in the previous season, and that's not good, for neither us nor the players.

1) I guess with that being said I don't need to address this point, I have already explained the rationale behind this change.
2) This is outside of the scope of our ability. The message popup blocks any regular actions however bots can easily bypass that and we cannot do anything about it as long as we're using the vanilla client.
3) Again, this wouldn't change anything, and would mostly behave just like the above thing with the difference being it would also be inconveniencing for players that are not AFK botting.
4) The feature is working as intended, it just went live earlier that it was supposed to (as already mentioned) and wasn't part of the patch notes (which I also have explained why).

I cannot address your other points right now, I just wanted to address the things that I can talk about as of now.

The Healer Nigga
06 Jan 18 05:10 PM
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
Erik said:
Full agreed, just look at their guild name, guild full of corrupt people, staff should never be in a guild, thats taking sides, you want the server to grow not to die like every reset, so why act like that to a guild thats the only waring atm, also many of that guild abused way too much the soft boots bug, increasing their damage and their luck to the max, now many of them with full ornate sets ( the ones worthy that used to be donors) from one day to another, and diath only says there is no enchanting log so he cant do anything , you dont need to be a fucking detective to see who abused it ( before that bug there were no ornate set at all )
master pvp of course u should get ur stuff back its common sense, and if no one of the administration is willing to investigate i can just send u the names of the ones we already know abused like crazy

Uhh you realize no one on my team (including me) knew about this enchant bug. If you look at master pvps team you'll see everyone of them used this soft boot bug, while no one on my team even uses soft boots. I actually didn't even learn about it until today from snowflake

Soo… You made it a point to check peoples equipped items on the site for no reason and verified whether or not they were bug abusing BEFORE you even knew about the bug? Hmmm… interesting…

?? reading comprehension is hard. Fred dies, logs on and we talk for like 10 minutes. He mentions the soft boot bug and how it wasn't on the changelist along with the death change. I say "what soft boot bug". Then he replies with "oh you didn't know? y i k e s". Then he explains it to me

I then check your team and see they all have soft boots with magic level + crit enchanted which i just mentioned in my post above

?? Deductive reasoning is hard. Who the fuck wouldn't put soft boots on over BOH or Firewalkers when they give you free regen and two free enchantment slots.

"OMG look at my team! We're SOOO above using soft boots hahaha we just all happen to want that additional movement speed despite being level 800+. But oh wait, look at Fred's team, they all have their softies equipped! I just wanted to conveniently point that out! What a bunch of cheaters!! Unlike MY team! We knew nothing, honest! We just enjoy BOH a lot and would never abuse a bug like that."

The Boss Man
06 Jan 18 05:12 PM
delete

Kannibale
06 Jan 18 05:14 PM
The said:
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
Erik said:
Full agreed, just look at their guild name, guild full of corrupt people, staff should never be in a guild, thats taking sides, you want the server to grow not to die like every reset, so why act like that to a guild thats the only waring atm, also many of that guild abused way too much the soft boots bug, increasing their damage and their luck to the max, now many of them with full ornate sets ( the ones worthy that used to be donors) from one day to another, and diath only says there is no enchanting log so he cant do anything , you dont need to be a fucking detective to see who abused it ( before that bug there were no ornate set at all )
master pvp of course u should get ur stuff back its common sense, and if no one of the administration is willing to investigate i can just send u the names of the ones we already know abused like crazy

Uhh you realize no one on my team (including me) knew about this enchant bug. If you look at master pvps team you'll see everyone of them used this soft boot bug, while no one on my team even uses soft boots. I actually didn't even learn about it until today from snowflake

Soo… You made it a point to check peoples equipped items on the site for no reason and verified whether or not they were bug abusing BEFORE you even knew about the bug? Hmmm… interesting…

?? reading comprehension is hard. Fred dies, logs on and we talk for like 10 minutes. He mentions the soft boot bug and how it wasn't on the changelist along with the death change. I say "what soft boot bug". Then he replies with "oh you didn't know? y i k e s". Then he explains it to me

I then check your team and see they all have soft boots with magic level + crit enchanted which i just mentioned in my post above

?? Deductive reasoning is hard. Who the fuck wouldn't put soft boots on over BOH or Firewalkers when they give you free regen and two free enchantment slots.

"OMG look at my team! We're SOOO above using soft boots hahaha we just all happen to want that additional movement speed despite being level 800+. But oh wait, look at Fred's team, they all have their softies equipped! I just wanted to conveniently point that out! What a bunch of cheaters!! Unlike MY team! We knew nothing, honest! We just enjoy BOH a lot and would never abuse a bug like that."

Because soft boots are shit? They cost way too much to repair and don't last long at all. Also, seeing worn pair of boots in your EQ slot is kind of autistic so i'd rather just use something else? Most of us either use coconut shoes or boots that give ML. Trith even had his soft boots in his arrow slot with boh as his main boots for the longest time so they wouldn't run out

I've yet to enchant a single piece of EQ this reset, i can prove it by showing you my enchant level on both chars

The Healer Nigga
06 Jan 18 05:43 PM
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
Erik said:

Because soft boots are shit? They cost way too much to repair and don't last long at all. Also, seeing worn pair of boots in your EQ slot is kind of autistic so i'd rather just use something else? Most of us either use coconut shoes or boots that give ML. Trith even had his soft boots in his arrow slot with boh as his main boots for the longest time so they wouldn't run out

I've yet to enchant a single piece of EQ this reset, i can prove it by showing you my enchant level on both chars

1. I've yet to enchant anything either dip shit, its called having common sense and allowing a single person (or possibly a couple) on the team do it and increase their enchant level so you don't waste time and resources of a whole team failing over and over again independently with their low enchantment levels.

2. Soft boots are shit? But they were giving +100 ML last night, they can't be THAT bad.

3. Your desperate attempt at trying to portray you and your entire teams ignorance towards the bug despite using it is actually fucking phenomenal yet piss poor.

4. Keep riding that fictitious moral high horse that you're trying to show off by justifying you and your teams boot strategy on Cyntara dip shit, the server where everyone knows how difficult it is to obtain money and charge your softies. Maybe you can use all that money you save to buy you and your shit team a piece of humble pie so that your tummies are full before pointing fingers at everyone else you self righteous pussy.

Good day.

Kannibale
06 Jan 18 05:46 PM
The said:
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
The said:
Kannibale said:
Erik said:

1. I've yet to enchant anything either dip shit, its called having common sense and allowing a single person (or possibly a couple) on the team do it and increase their enchant level so you don't waste time and resources failing over and over again on the low enchantment levels.

2. Soft boots are shit? But they were giving +100 ML last night, they can't be THAT bad.

3. Your desperate attempt at trying to portray you and your entire teams ignorance towards the bug despite using it is actually fucking phenomenal yet piss poor.

4. Keep riding that fictitious moral high horse that you're trying to show off by justifying you and your teams boot strategy on Cyntara dip shit, the server where everyone knows how difficult it is to obtain money and charge your softies. Maybe you can use all that money you save to buy you and your shit team a piece of humble pie so that your tummies are full before pointing fingers at everyone else you self righteous pussy.

Good day.

100+ ml? LOL wtf i thought he just meant you had more of a chance to get ml and crit enchant. If that's actually true it's sad you guys won war by literally just 1 fight. LOLOL wtf

Also you have to enchant your own this shit reset since your artifact weapon can't be dropped / traded. So everyones been doing their own thing

fucking dirty cheaters LOL smh 100 ml?

God
06 Jan 18 06:05 PM
Feel like y’all just aguring to argue now lock this topic what is done is done lol…

unforgiven

Masterpvp
06 Jan 18 07:09 PM
Diath said:
Fred said:
In this quality post nowhere does it say you fixed the soft boots bug or did you say that you changed that when you die you do not logout anymore.

It mentions that the enchantment stacking bug has been fixed. It does not mention that the other feature has been added because it wasn't meant to go live just yet, it was scheduled for our next weekly update but due to the bug with enchantments we had to release an emergency patch that addressed it and it went out along with all the other changes that were ready for the live server.
It's just that the patch notes were not updated to state so as they're (for the most part) updated as we finalize a certain feature. It's an error on our part, yes, but between a dozen of people messaging us in-game, another dozen on Discord, and a lot of emails PLUS continuously working on updating the server on a daily basis it's easy to overlook something as benign as a single mention of a feature in patch notes - even more so if you do not anticipate to have it released just yet.

Fred said:
I would also like to point out that lpepe a gm ended up farming him and taking his shit instead of kicking him when he knew this was not clarified as well.

First of all I'd like to point out that he was not aware of the existence of that change at all. Aside from Silence (and not even in all cases), the staff isn't being updated on the features Red and I are working on unless they suggest something that we're already working on or if they report a bug that can be abused that we want to get resolved quickly in which case we will mention it so that they can relay the information onto the players that are concerned about it.
This is because there's no reason for them to know about these features because, among other reasons, their primary role is helping newcomers out and keeping in touch with the community, and reporting things back to us about what happened on the server while we were not available if anything noteworthy had happened.
Furthermore I gave him the green light for killing you, not because out of spite, not because I wanted to foster a bug abuse, but because he asked me if it's fine to repeatedly kill a bot that keeps going back to a spawn which as far as I am concerned is fine- I did not know the context of the whole situation and neither did he because he was not aware of the change but he is definitely not to blame here and if you are looking for a scapegoat I am willing to take full responsibility for this one.

Fred said:
I am also curious as to why this feature is even added because the only reason I see this being needed/wanted is to keep Cyntaras online count high since you wont log off if u die. I have 4 solutions to this new feature.
1) Remove this stupid feature there is no point to having it
2) Make it so that when you die you have to click the ok box before you can move again
3) Make a textbox pop up saying like a basic math problem like 2+2 and have us type in the number and click ok.
4) Dont release untested new features on a live server, use a test server pls.

That's exactly the reason why the feature has been added - if we can help it we want to keep the player count as high as possible. You have to understand the importance of advertisements and being at the top of the servers list - it helps out immensely to keep the players count as high as possible within legal bounds (even somewhat artificially like in this case, or through features that foster staying online like the training tiles), it ensures the longevity of the server because the more players there are online the more newcomers you're likely draw towards the server which, for everyone involved (the admins, the staff and the players), is a good thing.
It's not like we're doing any shenanigans with it either, we're not artificially spoofing the number of players or anything, because as far as anyone is concerned in terms of the players count there's no difference between a bot standing on a training tile, hunting somewhere, or simply idling in the temple.
You have to understand that it's very important for us take any measurements we can to draw new players to the server because without them we could very well have a dead server by now just like in the previous season, and that's not good, for neither us nor the players.

1) I guess with that being said I don't need to address this point, I have already explained the rationale behind this change.
2) This is outside of the scope of our ability. The message popup blocks any regular actions however bots can easily bypass that and we cannot do anything about it as long as we're using the vanilla client.
3) Again, this wouldn't change anything, and would mostly behave just like the above thing with the difference being it would also be inconveniencing for players that are not AFK botting.
4) The feature is working as intended, it just went live earlier that it was supposed to (as already mentioned) and wasn't part of the patch notes (which I also have explained why).

I cannot address your other points right now, I just wanted to address the things that I can talk about as of now.
I wasn't going into a spawn. I was running out of temple and it wasn't a script, it was auto explore so if I reconnect my character will run out of pz. So please, tell me who's fault it is, the person who doesn't mention the new update, or the person who had no idea what would happen to his char if it died? You admit to being too busy so that is why you couldn't mention the update in the patch, that's fine, but why am I getting punished for YOUR mistake? You also told me this in discord: diath - Today at 10:40 AM
it wasn't meant to go live but since you guys were abusing the softs enchant bug we had to release the patch earlier
that's why we forgot to mention it

So what is it Diath? Who are you lying to? Me or the Cyntara community?

This mistake is not as simple as "oh it just came out early, my bad guys". I bet I could force a bunch of people out of temple and steal their eq, would that make new players want to play again? When they wake up naked and dropped 50+ levels? That is counter-productive and will make you lose players at the end of the day.

I read the patch notes every time they come up and somehow it is my fault for not knowing that you have silently put a new update that puts players at risk to lose all their equipment?

I would be very interested in hearing your response.

Masterpvp
06 Jan 18 07:15 PM
Kannibale said:
100+ ml? LOL wtf i thought he just meant you had more of a chance to get ml and crit enchant. If that's actually true it's sad you guys won war by literally just 1 fight. LOLOL wtf

Also you have to enchant your own this shit reset since your artifact weapon can't be dropped / traded. So everyones been doing their own thing

How does enchanting ML and crit on your soft boots = you are abusing the bug? Those are the best enchants for a mage and easily the first 2 things I would enchant on my character. I mean it's a good theory but you are accusing yourself as well because I've seen your players with crit and ML on their boots.

Kannibale
06 Jan 18 07:23 PM
Masterpvp said:
Kannibale said:

How does enchanting ML and crit on your soft boots = you are abusing the bug? Those are the best enchants for a mage and easily the first 2 things I would enchant on my character. I mean it's a good theory but you are accusing yourself as well because I've seen your players with crit and ML on their boots.

Fred wasn't clear when he explained it. So I just thought he meant the bug was a higher chance to get magic level or crit enchant instead of other skills.

I didn't know it was letting you stack 100+ ml

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.