26 Jul 16 05:56 PM
Thanks for all of the hard work.
Cyntara still rocks!
Peace…

WOOF!

Create Havoc Around Our System
26 Jul 16 09:05 PM
Red said:
When the server launches, I do not put any sort of limitation on how many houses can be purchased by a single player (as long as it's 1 per account.) I fully understand that some player's have a unique strategy of purchasing valuable houses and selling them later on. The IP-check I'd like to impose is simply in response to the fact that, at the time I re-activate the !buyhouse command, almost every player would be able to afford almost every house on the map. Imagine if one player owned 75% of the best houses because they had characters logged in and waiting when the command came back up?

Your post has made me re-evaluate the house ownership aspect of my initial decision. Diath and I do have backups of the database - backups made manually; they are about a week old. So we actually are able to tell which players owned houses within the first day or two of the server version.

We have restored house ownership to players that owned the house before 7/22/16 @ midnight automatically.
This does not affect house items.
Once this restoration is complete, we will re-enable !buyhouse - there will be no "open season" to buying houses come Friday.

Red

Thank you for this. It is good insight on why that is a good policy (for new purchases happening after Thursday). I apologize for that little outburst, just saw so many hours of my time wash away there for a second. The houses are back.

It is still sad to see some of my hard effort gone. For instance, here is a picture taken on July 20th

I am sure many may remember seeing these every day since then. As it is the house next to the temple, on the way to the shop/depot

Needless to say, all 60kk were lost (although the picture only shows 53). and also lost 208 crystal coins (in the picture) 200 from that event that we had to reach the ending, and 8 from random rewards. That event also gave me a 2x fish that i had as decoration (also in the picture) and some enchanting crystals (standing over a pile there)

GL with everything, cyntara still can definitely rock, and please keep us updated on any future measures taken to recoup losses such as these. Definitely "not doing anything" under the pretense that "everybody lost something" is a terrible solution, as the distribution of losses is definitely very wide.

Also the events effort is appreciated, but it's a Tuesday, and I have a deadline on Friday and I assume some people might be busy this week too. something else may be needed to balance for the losses.

Red
27 Jul 16 02:29 PM
@Chaos

Check your inbox.

Red

Spartan1040
29 Jul 16 01:40 PM
The rewards i think are good but i lost my house anyway,i didnt notice cause i were busy hunting and some other things,i had 2 houses and i lose them anyway,in part its my bad cause i didn't read the forum :/ as i said, rewards are good but the house database had to be more recent, i buy my first house like 23 or 24 idk the date and the second a day before
EDIT: they were in venore,i lost like 5 medicine pouches 3lesser crystal and 3 normal ones, some furniture and 1kk,i doesnt really matters for me,i just want my houses back,

Dafter
31 Jul 16 05:48 PM
Red said:
Friday, around 4pm EST, we will be re-activating the !buyhouse command. Players will be able to select their new home at this time.
If we see players using multiple accounts/characters to purchase houses (we will be doing IP checks) they will lose ALL of the houses they purchase.
We will no longer be doing this. See this post.

This weekend (Friday->Sunday) we will be having a 2x loot rate. Cyntara really wasn't meant to have a 2x loot rate, but provided the circumstance, this should be an excellent opportunity for players to recoup some of their losses.
The frequency that certain bosses spawn will also be increased for these 3 days.

Lastly, I have authorized my staff to give out up to 3x the standard rewards for events for the next week; starting today. I have also encouraged them to run as many events as possible / as players would like.

There will be more to come…

Red

well stuff was going fine.. till we hit friday (0 events) saturday 1 event, sunday 0 events till now? i was expecting a sht load of events for the weekend or at least 4 per day u know? one every 6 hrs.. or smthng :S

Red
01 Aug 16 12:04 AM
Dafter said:
well stuff was going fine.. till we hit friday (0 events) saturday 1 event, sunday 0 events till now? i was expecting a sht load of events for the weekend or at least 4 per day u know? one every 6 hrs.. or smthng :S
The server was very event-heavy the few days following the incident. Our Event Managers and Community Manager are volunteers; the events they provide are done out of their personal kindness. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectation for the number of events that were to be held during this weekend. I do not force my Event Managers to hold a number of events at any given time - I can only encourage them to keep up their good work.

Please keep in mind, anyone can hold events for others at any time - they don't need to be part of the staff. Our staff does pay attention to members of the community that go out of their way to do such things.

Red

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.