Cyntara - Forum - What happened?
Red
26 Jul 16 08:47 AM
What happened? - It's the question that I'm sure a lot of you are asking right now, or it will be the question you will be asking when you log into Cyntara.

I try my best to provide this server to my community; I give it my all.
I also try my best to never ask much from my players - perhaps manners and respect - but today I'd like to ask my players two things.

The first, is to please read this post in its entirety.

This morning, when the server activity was low, we deployed an update that we had been working on over the last week or so; the post I was looking forward to making was going to be related to what new and exciting things we have added to Cyntara. Unfortunately, I won't be writing that post today. Instead, I'm writing this one.

As the server was loading up, there was a break in the startup operation when the server's house data was loading. This resulted in every house owner to be removed; and its items destroyed.

We were prepared for this. Cyntara backs up its data every time the server is restarted. We have an entire directory of backed up database files each time this happens. Today, we noticed that the files were created properly, but not filled with any sort of usable data.
In the event that this backup script failed, Cyntara backs up its server files, database, and website files every night at 8pm EST. We were prepared for this. Today, we noticed that the database script has not been working properly - the reason? Before the release of Cyntara 9 we greatly increased the strength of our passwords. The current password for the database did not play nicely with the backup script syntax.
In the event that both backup scripts failed, Cyntara backs up its server files, database, and website files every night (after the 8pm EST backups save) and transfers the files to my personal computer. We were prepared for this. Today, we noticed that the backup script has not been including the database for a similar reason to the other daily backup file, but slightly different.

We were not prepared to face failure on three different levels all at once.

This is where we stand. Restoring from a backup is no longer an option we have.
This is one punch that Diath & I have to take; one punch that I hope a good number of our players are willing to take, along with us.

When I realized that our hands were completely tied, I felt paralyzed. I became upset and frustrated that this could even happen; rather quickly, I felt resolve to those feelings. What I am left with is an overwhelming sadness at what I can only imagine this will do to Cyntara 9 and the players currently enjoying the server. I'm left feeling demoralized and stupid. One step forward, two steps back.

I asked you all one thing at the beginning of this thread. I'd like to ask you one more:

Please tell us what we can do for you.
How can we ebb the frustration and anger? How can we continue to provide for our players to get them through this?

I love Cyntara, and I love seeing our players enjoy Cyntara.
I want to continue doing what I love.

Red

Dafter
26 Jul 16 09:10 AM
so as far as i can understand there is no way to get the houses or its items back? then i guess you guys will need to do it the hard way.. and listen the losts of every player.. for example i lost my bp of 2 chars (was left at ground cause i filled my self with umr to skill) tons of cash and some items from game like poi rewards and demon drops.. tons of purses etc..
pretty much a big disapointment.. and waiting on the solution
if i were you guys without access to a backup all i can do its to try to listen what ppl lost and make the anger and the bad feeling as low as possible and ye maybe someone will try to abuse this to get free stuff, and i consider if you guys see a player telling he lost a sht ton of donators and such to investigate in any kind of way if this is true.. which i doubt can be.. so far.. i cant realize a good solution unless every player were 100% trusteable…

in the other hand.. when we get mistakes we can lose sometimes.. maybe a bit of a lose if someone lies for you but in the other hand ppl wont go away from serv

waiting on ur ideas to fix this on the better way

Calero Katala
26 Jul 16 09:11 AM

Dafter
26 Jul 16 09:18 AM
Calero said:
network is well nothing happens in my house had a donor set paladin who bought avia kks another player I just want my set again to continue playing

riiiiiight.. xD thats obviously true x,DDD

Maazik
26 Jul 16 09:21 AM
Well to be honest, everyone can ask for ittems now. The ones they lost and the ones they didn't, I mean can we come up with a simple solution, like giving players Cyntara Coins? I don't see a point in people who post what ittems they lost, they can lie and get some extra stuff. Why don't we just give Cyntara Coins to all accounts, hopefully everyone will calm down and forget about this. I'm not saying to give out full sets but atleast small part of it. Mistakes happen, I love Cyntara and I'm here since the beginning and I wont let that this makes me quit, I mean yes, I did lose some good stuff, but still, it's Cyntara, my favourite ot

Cheer up!

Dafter
26 Jul 16 09:22 AM
what about.. asking players and not giving unprooved donors back? xD in my case for example.. i lost a sht ton of items got trhough game but what annoys me the most its my god damn bp >..<

Dafter
26 Jul 16 09:26 AM
Maazik said:
Well to be honest, everyone can ask for ittems now. The ones they lost and the ones they didn't, I mean can we come up with a simple solution, like giving players Cyntara Coins? I don't see a point in people who post what ittems they lost, they can lie and get some extra stuff. Why don't we just give Cyntara Coins to all accounts, hopefully everyone will calm down and forget about this. I'm not saying to give out full sets but atleast small part of it. Mistakes happen, I love Cyntara and I'm here since the beginning and I wont let that this makes me quit, I mean yes, I did lose some good stuff, but still, it's Cyntara, my favourite ot

Cheer up!

thats kinda of a good idea.. but there are players who lost more than some coins and can make proof of it, and well i wont be happy if i just get what? 500-1k coins but still dont get my bp (and my bp had none donor item )

Maazik
26 Jul 16 09:36 AM
Dafter said:
Maazik said:

Cheer up!

thats kinda of a good idea.. but there are players who lost more than some coins and can make proof of it, and well i wont be happy if i just get what? 500-1k coins but still dont get my bp (and my bp had none donor item )
It's annoying that people will use this bug as an excuse to get stuff. If you finished a task or a quest, they can check on achievements and probably give back the ittems, but about something else, I don't really know. It's easy to say "give everyone their ittems back" without thinking what is the bad side and what could happen in doing that.

Dafter
26 Jul 16 09:39 AM
Maazik said:
Dafter said:
Maazik said:

Cheer up!

It's annoying that people will use this bug as an excuse to get stuff. If you finished a task or a quest, they can check on achievements and probably give back the ittems, but about something else, I don't really know. It's easy to say "give everyone their ittems back" without thinking what is the bad side of it.

i know people can start being like that, thats why i said to dont give donors u cant proof and stuff like that.. like u said with the achivements and such can check if someone is lying or not.. me for example lost reward of 2 diff good quest :l cause my bp at floor

Matt Bruh
26 Jul 16 09:47 AM
….

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.