Cyntara - Forum - A write-up on what can be done to fix spawns
Trith
02 Jul 17 12:05 AM
At senor Klass' request I have decided to write up what spawns are shit and why, also why some spawns are considered "great"
Hopefully you can use this to judge what make a spawn good, what makes it bad and try make them better for players. May not be amazing information but its better than nothing amirite

Major disclaimer here>>> Please do not nerf spawns without buffing spawns. This is EXACTLY how we ended up in this position of no where to hunt, There used to be many many great spawns but over time they got removed and nerfed into the ground without really being replaced by anything. So people got forced into less and less spawns and now we are here. Spawns must be nerfed accordingly but spawns must ALSO be buffed at the same time (not 5 patches later) in order to accommodate the shrinking spawn choices. <<<<Major disclaimer here

This first post will just cover the lower left floor spawns, I'll go over the upper floor in the next post, then quest hunting spots in a future post.

Elves: Are considered bad because of a very tight map and very very low amount of exp, there are other much better spawns to get past the first hump. They are unused as a result.

Coryms: Have the same problem as elves, but since the beginner quest is there we should keep it as is.

Terror birds: Are GREAT because you can go there from level 8 and basically pg to level 80-100 in a couple seconds. Only thing i'd change here is raise the spawn rate a touch.

Dragon hatchlings: Are bad because a massive lack of exp, the monster design, amount of monsters, and map are great. Personally IDK what to change to this spawn to make it great other than raise exp a bunch?

Pirates: Suffer the opposite problem as elves, the map is too open and just bad exp.

Nightstalkers: Have bad exp to their damage, by the time you can tank them you can hunt much much better shit. This used to be a low-key low level paladin/mage spawn until holy bishops were added and not its just bad.

Cyclops: Spawn is a tricky one, This place is only good because of the behemoths in the spawn underneath it, Instead of removing this place I suggest adding about twice as many behemoths if not more, remove most of the cyclops and replace them with behemoths and expand the current behemoth areas. Also increase the spawn rate a bit. This place has massive potential as a mid level mage spawn. (Brandon used to bot here on his mage) If all of these are done, I imagine multiple mages can hunt (bot) here at once.

Dragons: Are shit because lack of exp to damage ratio, Once you can tank them there is everything else that is better.

Lancer beetles: is basically a knight spawn, but since there are much more much better knight spawns it goes unused. Knights have a lot of places to hunt so they ignore the shittier ones.

Eskimos: Isn't a spawn, it's basically a quest zone at this point.

Vampires: are just bad exp and would realistically only be "good" if you can gather many and ue spam/Exori spam them.

Squirrels: Are GREAT to hunt, really nice level 500-800 mage spawn since the spawn rate is high and they are nice to ue. Only downside is the amount of squirrels. It would be a nice idea to add a few more/expand the spawn.

Crazed Beggars: This spawn is quite great actually, Great exp to hp the damage isnt too high either, The only thing I'd change is maybe add a bit more and raise spawn rate.

Giant Spiders: Are GREAT for knights and paladins due to a high respawn rate, low damage, and high exp.

Ice Golems: Are an amazing level 700-1k mage spawn. But because of the crap map (crap because its ugly as all fuck, and hard to navigate it has a lot of areas with no golems just a lot of walking, then a bunch of golems then more walking) it's hard to hunt there, Should have slightly higher exp (about 20% more) and add a few more Ice Golems and it should be much more on par with knight/paladin spots at this level.

Holy bishops: Are basically heaven on earth for low-mid level paladins, The exp is crazy good, their hp is super low, The respawn rate and spacing is really really nice. Only thing I'd change with this spawn is lower their damage by about 35% since they can literally 1 hit low level paladins without full donor set.

Warlocks: Are great to hunt for level 700-1k mages, but entry is just fucking gay pleaseeeee remove the cancer maze.

Heroes: Are GREAT for knights, easy to gather many to spam exori rai, great spawn rate, great exp. Just they mana drain which sucks. Should add a few more heroes to make this spawn a "great"

Quaras: Hit way too hard for the exp they give, the walking speed underwater is cancer, the map is too "back-tracky" it basically fails on every front possible.

Fire Devils: Are a great spawn for low level players of all vocations, a LOT of firedevils to go around, only downside is their beam hits wayyyyy too hard for the levels the spawn is meant for.

Drillworms: Suffer the exact same issue as lancer beetles.

Elementalists: Is basically a quest zone at this point.

Sea Serpents: suffer a similar issue to Quaras, the walk speed is absolute garbage, the spawn is too back-tracky, there aren't nearly enough Sea Serpents to hunt. You should lower damage, make the floor walk faster, add MANY more Sea Serpents and make the spawn have a "loop" players can run and this spawn will be a "great"

Nightmares: Just hurt, have WAY too much hp for their exp. To fix this spawn lower their hp by about half and this spawn will be a "great" for all vocations (except paladins fuck those guys).

Frost Dragons: Spawn is too back-tracky, add a loop for players to run, raise exp a lot, raise damage a lot, raise hp a bit and you'll have a "great" (obviously make it a higher level spawn hint hint) Also not many frost dragons in the area, and where there are a lot they are all grouped up.

Dragon lords: Same as frost dragons, spawn is really nice to hunt by the exp is bad.

Servant Golems: Are a GREAT knight spawn, but again, there are other much better knight spawns so why hunt here.

Bog Raiders: Should literally be removed from the spawn and replaced with swamp lords, make it a level 1k spawn and u have a "great"

Priestesses: Are a great paladin spawn for when holy bishops are taken, but obviously holy bishops is basically heaven for paladins so why go anywhere else.

Djinns: This place is bad, drunk is annoying to deal with when hunting, they swarm and the spawn is just tiny this place has no place on Cyntara or any ot.

Cultists: suffer from just about every problem under the sun. They have very little exp, they are spread out super thin so its hard to really "hunt" its more of a hike, this place only has 1 real "purpose" and that's to gain access to priestesses but the only issue with that is that the only voc that benefits from priestesses already has access there…paladins…

Trith
02 Jul 17 01:21 AM
Part 2 is covering the top left side of the teleport room. These spawns are mostly alright but some could be touched up. The right side of teleport room will follow.

Royal Minions: This spawn is really good for knights, and honestly mages. And is hunted often, Only thing i'd change is lower the damage by about 15%

Wisps: This is literally the dumbest spawn in the history of Tibia, Not only are the Wisps weakest to the element ice and live in frozen tundra, But they go invisible non stop, Paralyze, Drunk spam, and swarm with a large amount of wisps. The exp is low and this spawn is aids. It has nothing going for it what so ever. PS; Fuck wisps

Serpent spawns: This place is really good for mages but the major downsides are the kinda low exp, Bad respawn rate, the fact the spawn is TINY and the medusas kinda hurt the level 400 mages. I suggest enlarging this spawn massively and putting the medusas super deep into the spawn

Nightmayers: This is a nostalgic spawn that I have never hunted. I have heard it is not awful but paying 10$ to hunt here is kinda silly.

Yackchal: This is not a spawn, This is a quest area.

Deeplings: They have a LOT of potential, The best monster to hunt here is the deepling elite but sadly there are very few of them. The walk speed underwater is aids, And the monster in there that drunks you is just icing on the aids cake. If you added more deepling elites to the spawn, Removed the drunk and made walk speed a bit faster it could potentially be great. Also maybe raise exp a bit

Yielothaxs: Just an ugly spawn, HORRIBLE exp for the hp, very few of them and this is basically a quest area.

Black Knight Bosses: This monster is an incredible monster on Cyntara that is underused, The spawn is garbage and if it was changed to the point where you dont have to backtrack/go down constant 1 ways, and have a much higher spawn rate I reckon this would be a great spawn to hunt. This is where I hunted my paladin last reset in place of holy bishops since they did not exist in their current state back then.

Hydras: This spawn is basically heaven on earth, The spawn rate is nuts, the soul eaters are amazing (could use an enlarged area with more) The only strife I have with this spawn is just how popular it is.

Bonebeasts: This is a quest area.

Pyro imps: These are pretty good exp, But they have a bit much hp and damage. Also the spawn has a bit of back-tracking. Could use a bit of adjustment to the HP and damage and could potentially be a great spawn.

Werewolves: This monster is one of Cyntara's best monsters, The exp to hp is nuts. The only part I despise about spawn is that its a bit hard to navigate in a "fluid" motion, quite a bit of backtracking. The spawn rate is really good here though. But the spawn could use a much larger area where you can gather many werewolves at once to UE them. Perhaps add an underground cave with about 5x the amount of werewolves in it that the surface has. This spawn has soooo much potential to be great for literally every vocation if this is done.

White knights: Spawn has a lot of backtracking, The damage combined with the mana drain is a bit cancer. Exp is quite nice though for the HP

Drakens: This spawn is just bad, Really annoying monsters some that run and go invis, Some that spam para, Some that just have too much hp and the only thing they all have in common is that they have wayyy too much hp for their exp. This spawn is kinda shit.

Abyss necros: This spawn is crazy good, great spawn rate kinda nice size. I would only enlarge it a bit to allow for more players to hunt there (currently a 1 person spawn) and maybe lower the damage on the henches a tad because they havnt been lowered in any version despite pots healing less.

Grim Reapers: One of the best monsters on Cyntara, But the spawn dosn't allow anyone to hunt there easily. Make it so it is relatively easy to group up 4-5 grims at once so a knight and mage can hunt there together. The hp to exp is nice but could use a raise to the exp and a slight decrease to their damage. This spawn has a lot of potential.

Ghastly Dragons: This spawn is really good, The only downside I see is that its way too small. It should be about 5x the size with the ability to hunt it to where there is only 1 ghastly at a time if you aren't afk botting, but also possible to lure 5 or so ghastlys on afk botters. This will make it a great spawn for manual players and even botters that dont get lured on. Also their wave damage could use with a bit of lowering shits op for paladins

Wyrms: These used to be crazy good monsters, I suggest making them move around slower because ATM the only thing that can dodge them is a bot and lets be real fuck bots. The monster hits way too hard aswell for the current generation of Cyntara mages. Also the best part of this spawn is Elder wyrms since they give the most experience. Also I suggest adding more exp to both types of wyrms and ofc enlarging the spawn so it isn't quite so small. ATM 1 mage can max the elder wyrm spawn because the spawn rate is so low/spawn is so small. Also this spawn has a LOT of backtracking. Also I suggest adding Mastermind Potions to the loot of these monsters. The level 600 knight spot drops berserk potions, and the level 600 paladin spawn drops bullseye pots, so why not allow the level 600 mage spawn to drop mastermind pots?

Demon sprouts: These are quite good actually, only shit part is that its sorta small and only really a 1-2 player spawn and even thats pushing it.

Golems: One of the best monsters for EKs to bot. Quite a good spawn, nice spawn rate, nice spawn size, good variety of monsters and the mapping isn't ugly.

Trith
02 Jul 17 01:37 AM
This is part 3. This will cover the right side of teleport room with both floors included.

Demons: This spawn is really great, only thing I'd change is maybe increase spawn rate a bit, so when botters bot it you can easily gather a bunch to lure on them but also when you manual you can actually kill demons instead of waiting for demons to respawn.

Undead dragons: Basically one of the best spawns on the server. The insane spawn rate covers up for the fact it has a shitty backtracking system to the spawn. Only thing I'd change is lower the exp, and maybe make the spawn less ugly cause god damn its ugly.(unless klaas mapped it in which case it is the best looking spawn on the server)

Legendary warriors: This spawn has a shit spawn rate, heavy backtracking and kinda bad spawn design for the monster involved. This spawn needs many things to fix it such as; More "limbs" to the spawn to give the main line that the spawn is a break so the shit can respawn. More spawn rate since it really is shit, Lower the size of the UE mana drain on the LW's since atm its too tight of a spawn to hunt in. This spawn has a lot of potential to be as great as it once was in its prime. Also if you add more limbs you will obviously have to add more LWs

Mad Mages: This spawn suffers from low exp, high mana drain, You need 2 shooters to hunt it because of the healing and the low exp and low spawn rate make this just stupid waste of 3 peoples stamina (one being the blocker). This spawn could be great if you added more raging mages, more spawn rate and slightly more exp. Also maybe lower the healing a tad so people dont need a freakin' army to hunt there

Ice miners: This spawn is really good except the stuff maybe hits a tad bit hard, Has a terrible spawn rate (got nerfed in v10) and kind of a lot of hp for the exp. Also the regular ice miners need a major hp cut for the damage they do and exp they give. Layout is pretty nice though

Mind flayers: Literally the best spawn on the server hands down. The spawn rate is nuts, HP on the monsters is super low, EXP is super high, the spawn is HUGE (many people can hunt here). This spawn is the king of all spawns.

Lass
02 Jul 17 01:49 AM
dang trith thats a lot of effort you put in you rock

100% my thoughts.

Klaas
02 Jul 17 05:07 AM
Thank you! This is everything I was hoping for and even blinded me for a little while so I missed that remark about undead dragons.

Red
03 Jul 17 09:58 AM
Trith,

I won't reply in-depth to your analysis of every spawn, at least not at this time. I do want you to know, however, that we have our eyes on this thread in our developer chat and are actively making changes majorly inspired by your post.

Red

Floppin'
04 Jul 17 12:45 PM
Perhaps adding a second level to the hero spawn would be beneficial as if there are two people there now, it is "packed". With 2 people botting there, the spawn is very slow compared to others.

Relaxx
04 Jul 17 03:53 PM
Nightmayers are really bad.. 10 usd to hunt there and doesnt even worth

Floppin'
11 Jul 17 10:49 AM
Serpent spawns could possibly benefit from seeing a raise in spawn rate. Hydra's are HEAVILY hunted while serpent spawns get no love even though exp is similar. They hit much harder, why do you see people botting the entire hydra spawn and basically nobody in serpent spawns..
On a separate note, implementing a way to obtain better EQ could help expand the player base as well. MANY new players complain about having to spend 30$ to adequately hunt. Yes, there are ways to obtain items in game, but these require teams of people to complete often with donors… The gap between non-donors & donors is still significant. Perhaps not as significant as previous versions but, it still is holding Cyntara's player base down.

Fargo
11 Jul 17 12:07 PM
I have adjusted many of the spawns to be 'better' for hunting. I can't adjust exp/hp of monsters, just how many are in a spawn and how big the spawn is. Some spawns have had a 'back tracking' tunnel to go to an earlier area, such as frost dragons, while others have had their creatures adjusted, sea serpents being one, while others had an area added, elves now has a southern section which effectively doubled the size of the spawn.
You should see these changes in 10.1.

As for the equipment adjustments, these can't be done too easily in the middle of the season but this problem should be remedied by v11. All equipment in Cyntara is currently balanced around the doner sets. If we were to adjust some middle sets then we would need to adjust essentially every equipment piece currently in-game which is quite the task in and of itself.
However, we are adding more donation items to be obtainable in-game.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.