Cyntara - Forum - Make paladins more fun at lower levels.
Trith
17 Jul 16 12:04 AM
Why paladins suck at lower levels.
When you first start Cyntara you get to grind through those wisp looking things that I forget the name of missing and almost all your spears miss since your distance is low, while mages get to use exevo vita once and then run around 1 hitting the groupswith avalanche runes. This puts Knights and Paladins behind mages just out of the gate.

Clearing the "learner" spawn is incredibly tedious and once you have a level 80 you really should be allowed to skip it and auto get level 80 since it really does just suck. But that's for another thread another time.

Next once you run through the beginner quest you end up around 380, mind you if you skip this GL to you mr paladin lol. Now at this point every vocation suffers however paladins suffer the most. This early on they lack the damage to quickly clear monsters to get to 400 in a "competitive" time while knights get to already surround themselves and smash exori gran gaining insane exp. Paladins get to kill 1 monster at a time dealing pitiful damage. This sets them behind again.
Now once you're level 400 the real leveling begins. Knight can instantly go to royal minions and get surrounded spamming exori without even fearing death(exactly what Kannibale did) and fly through the levels to get to higher level spawns or a point where he can safely bot mid level spawns while sleeping

Mages at this point get serpent spawns which they can easily clear for great exp again flying through the levels, not quite as fast as a knight did but still fast enough to get through the tedious levels (400-650-700ish).

Now for Paladins, who get shafted the hardest out of anyone. They can't clear groups of monsters at this point and their damage still sucks donkey dick so they clear slowly. They can't go near royal rebels untill around 550ish because they WILL get dome shot by a single royal rebel. So they are stuck to just grind it out until 450 by killing the only monster they can at this point that gives good exp, royal minions trying to avoid every single rebel. Then they can go to black knights and get dome shot there aswell, or if they are feeling brave try Werewolves where 2 WILL kill you but are good exp if you can avoid finding 2 at once (GL). They have no where to safely, easily or quickly level like the rest.

What I suggest to fix this is make a monster spawn that's weak to holy, any undead monster would fit. A monster that dosn't hit insane amounts but still enough that there is slight risk like the mage and knight had to deal with. These monsters should be there to help paladins get out of the rut that is 400-650ish. Multiple spawns of these, or even re-open underground of royal minions or remove the rebels so people at low levels can hunt there they just make low levels suck. Black knights would also be great if their damage got toned down to the point where 2 of them don't instantly kill you at level 450 (the entry level)
This isn't meant to make paladins have a "private" spawn that's insane exp for all levels, but just there to really help them get out of the slump which is awful to go through.

I'm sure mages and knights have their hard times at the start aswell but paladins truly are in a shit spot atm.

Any and all input on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! :D

Lpepe
17 Jul 16 02:13 AM
To be honest ,paladins do have hard times on low lvls.

Fargo
17 Jul 16 02:51 AM
Trith said:
When you first start Cyntara you get to grind through those wisp looking things that I forget the name of missing and almost all your spears miss since your distance is low, while mages get to use exevo vita once and then run around 1 hitting the groupswith avalanche runes. This puts Knights and Paladins behind mages just out of the gate.

Clearing the "learner" spawn is incredibly tedious and once you have a level 80 you really should be allowed to skip it and auto get level 80 since it really does just suck. But that's for another thread another time.

Next once you run through the beginner quest you end up around 380, mind you if you skip this GL to you mr paladin lol. Now at this point every vocation suffers however paladins suffer the most. This early on they lack the damage to quickly clear monsters to get to 400 in a "competitive" time while knights get to already surround themselves and smash exori gran gaining insane exp. Paladins get to kill 1 monster at a time dealing pitiful damage. This sets them behind again.
Now once you're level 400 the real leveling begins. Knight can instantly go to royal minions and get surrounded spamming exori without even fearing death(exactly what Kannibale did) and fly through the levels to get to higher level spawns or a point where he can safely bot mid level spawns while sleeping

Mages at this point get serpent spawns which they can easily clear for great exp again flying through the levels, not quite as fast as a knight did but still fast enough to get through the tedious levels (400-650-700ish).

Now for Paladins, who get shafted the hardest out of anyone. They can't clear groups of monsters at this point and their damage still sucks donkey dick so they clear slowly. They can't go near royal rebels untill around 550ish because they WILL get dome shot by a single royal rebel. So they are stuck to just grind it out until 450 by killing the only monster they can at this point that gives good exp, royal minions trying to avoid every single rebel. Then they can go to black knights and get dome shot there aswell, or if they are feeling brave try Werewolves where 2 WILL kill you but are good exp if you can avoid finding 2 at once (GL). They have no where to safely, easily or quickly level like the rest.

What I suggest to fix this is make a monster spawn that's weak to holy, any undead monster would fit. A monster that dosn't hit insane amounts but still enough that there is slight risk like the mage and knight had to deal with. These monsters should be there to help paladins get out of the rut that is 400-650ish. Multiple spawns of these, or even re-open underground of royal minions or remove the rebels so people at low levels can hunt there they just make low levels suck. Black knights would also be great if their damage got toned down to the point where 2 of them don't instantly kill you at level 450 (the entry level)
This isn't meant to make paladins have a "private" spawn that's insane exp for all levels, but just there to really help them get out of the slump which is awful to go through.

I'm sure mages and knights have their hard times at the start aswell but paladins truly are in a shit spot atm.

I skipped the noobie area on my paladin entirely so I could go jump into spawns that weren't crowded, so I can't talk about how quick the start is compared to mages and knights. So far I've been headshotted by various different monster difficulties, some of them could have been avoidable deaths if I was keeping my distance, as a paladin should, but I have only come across a single spawn, sea serpents, where I was able to do moderately well besides for when they do their beams, but the experience and loot is lackluster.
I realize that paladins will hunt exclusively at ghastly dragons later, 700~+, but there should be a spawn for level 450-650 similar to mages and knights. A spawn I noticed that very few people go to is holy bishops. Now these guys are hardcore and if my 550 ran into two holy bishops I would be dead. If these were more geared towards paladins then they could have more of a place to hunt for those awkward-in-between levels. It would require a rebalance of the monster and maybe increasing it's level requirement but I feel it's a decent area where paladins would be able to excel.

Currently I have 98 distance and am using a full doner set. So far my damage has been.. unreliable. I hit as low as 1.5k to a high of 4k, on average. With proper cycling of spells I am able to have another 4k hit with san rai + gran con every two seconds but that takes a tad bit of skill when I'm trying to heal + run around trying not to be headshotted. I personally would like to have more consistent damage rather than always taking a gamble on how hard I'm going to hit that turn with my main weapon. Save the unreliable high hit's for the xbow crit build.

Overall, I do feel there is more room for paladins to be enjoyable in the early game. Right now they're mediocre but playable.

Create Havoc Around Our System
17 Jul 16 11:36 AM
Silence said:
Trith said:

I skipped the noobie area on my paladin entirely so I could go jump into spawns that weren't crowded, so I can't talk about how quick the start is compared to mages and knights. So far I've been headshotted by various different monster difficulties, some of them could have been avoidable deaths if I was keeping my distance, as a paladin should, but I have only come across a single spawn, sea serpents, where I was able to do moderately well besides for when they do their beams, but the experience and loot is lackluster.
I realize that paladins will hunt exclusively at ghastly dragons later, 700~+, but there should be a spawn for level 450-650 similar to mages and knights. A spawn I noticed that very few people go to is holy bishops. Now these guys are hardcore and if my 550 ran into two holy bishops I would be dead. If these were more geared towards paladins then they could have more of a place to hunt for those awkward-in-between levels. It would require a rebalance of the monster and maybe increasing it's level requirement but I feel it's a decent area where paladins would be able to excel.

Currently I have 98 distance and am using a full doner set. So far my damage has been.. unreliable. I hit as low as 1.5k to a high of 4k, on average. With proper cycling of spells I am able to have another 4k hit with san rai + gran con every two seconds but that takes a tad bit of skill when I'm trying to heal + run around trying not to be headshotted. I personally would like to have more consistent damage rather than always taking a gamble on how hard I'm going to hit that turn with my main weapon. Save the unreliable high hit's for the xbow crit build.

Overall, I do feel there is more room for paladins to be enjoyable in the early game. Right now they're mediocre but playable.

I too think paladins should have more damage. I relate to everything Silence said from past resets, and for that reason I don't have paladins anymore. I think it's tacitly understood by older players that paladins are sort of not worth it, as they also don't mature into heavy hitters, which also affects their pvp worth (or lack thereof)

Now I know it's hard to change the balance at early levels, if i'm not mistaken with paladins it has been attempted before, but here we still have these issues.

So my 2 cents (suggestion) is that if paladins are somewhat harder at the beginning, they should become something worth that trouble (i.e. with great damage) so that people don't feel like paladin's are "dealing pitiful damage" and "their damage still sucks donkey dick".

Maazik
17 Jul 16 12:04 PM
Nvm.

Draggonoth
19 Jul 16 08:34 PM
Just my 2 cents. Paladins can ava everything in the beginning too, i leveled my knight by throwing avalanche at everything in sight, until 90, and left noob area.
Exori gran is an awful way to level early, and honestly its best to hit trainers for at least 30 minutes prior to starting any characters leveling grind so you can do at least a moderate amount of dps, and if you have donor gear, its wreck city.

Leveling paladins is best at Giant spiders after about 300, same as knights, however, with 100 people on server and only 1-2 acceptable knight/paladin leveling spaces for speed farming, its going to be a crap-shoot either way.
I have already ran into spawns being over botted, as ghastly dragons are everyone's go-to for paladins and knights, and there's already 20 people over 900.
Honestly i think it would be awesome to duplicate certain high-value spawn areas, or make other viable hunting spots.
I used to use the ghastly spawn in the graveyard quest, but the spawn got modified, and no longer has any spawn rate to hunt as only 3 ghastlys spawn in there, and the area is so small that just being in it stops respawns.

Trith
19 Jul 16 11:41 PM
Draggonoth said:
Just my 2 cents. Paladins can ava everything in the beginning too, i leveled my knight by throwing avalanche at everything in sight, until 90, and left noob area.
Well this is great until you leave the level 80 area and this no longer applys then they are up shit creek

Draggonoth said:
Exori gran is an awful way to level early,
Having an AoE spell that is half shit is better than having none. Exori gran is better than exori con.
Draggonoth said:
and honestly its best to hit trainers for at least 30 minutes prior to starting any characters leveling grind so you can do at least a moderate amount of dps, and if you have donor gear, its wreck city.
Starting a new game and then having to sit in 1 spot jerking off for 30 minutes is one way for people to quickly say "fuck that shit, mage it is!"

Draggonoth said:
Leveling paladins is best at Giant spiders after about 300, same as knights, however, with 100 people on server and only 1-2 acceptable knight/paladin leveling spaces for speed farming, its going to be a crap-shoot either way.
A knight can lure 6 giant spiders and exori gran them. A paladin can lure 1 giant spider and exori con it. Sounds like the knight wins to me…Since this is literally what I did last reset and the one before it(nothing in terms of leveling changed)

Draggonoth said:
I have already ran into spawns being over botted, as ghastly dragons are everyone's go-to for paladins and knights, and there's already 20 people over 900.
This isn't about being over 900 or over 1.9k its about having the shit fest that is levels 400-750

Draggonoth said:
Honestly i think it would be awesome to duplicate certain high-value spawn areas, or make other viable hunting spots.
Correct! This would be a great idea, except all high value spawns arent suited for paladins. Paladins need somwhere to call home.

Draggonoth said:
I used to use the ghastly spawn in the graveyard quest, but the spawn got modified, and no longer has any spawn rate to hunt as only 3 ghastlys spawn in there, and the area is so small that just being in it stops respawns.
Again over level 750 you really have about 30 different spots to bot/hunt that are just fine. Crying about having the most elite spot taken or removed is sorta silly

Draggonoth
22 Jul 16 09:31 PM
Trith said:
Draggonoth said:
Well this is great until you leave the level 80 area and this no longer applys then they are up shit creek

Draggonoth said:
Having an AoE spell that is half shit is better than having none. Exori gran is better than exori con.
Draggonoth said:
and honestly its best to hit trainers for at least 30 minutes prior to starting any characters leveling grind so you can do at least a moderate amount of dps, and if you have donor gear, its wreck city.
Starting a new game and then having to sit in 1 spot jerking off for 30 minutes is one way for people to quickly say "fuck that shit, mage it is!"

Draggonoth said:
A knight can lure 6 giant spiders and exori gran them. A paladin can lure 1 giant spider and exori con it. Sounds like the knight wins to me…Since this is literally what I did last reset and the one before it(nothing in terms of leveling changed)

Draggonoth said:
This isn't about being over 900 or over 1.9k its about having the shit fest that is levels 400-750

Draggonoth said:
Correct! This would be a great idea, except all high value spawns arent suited for paladins. Paladins need somwhere to call home.

Draggonoth said:
Again over level 750 you really have about 30 different spots to bot/hunt that are just fine. Crying about having the most elite spot taken or removed is sorta silly

If you are going to pick apart everything i say, and add not really anything constructive ill give you just this response, and discontinue this conversation, as im not going to get into childish back and forth with you like was happening last time i post on forums. For some reason you just stalk every post i make and try to tear it apart, with or without anything useful to add.
That being said:
Having a half shit spell is not more useful than no spell, as leveling to 750 is all Exori Hur unless you are completely scrubbing the game up. Its not useful to use, and it burns heaps of mana, causing mana runes to burn faster. Its inefficient and dumb.
Complaining about sitting in trainers like getting free skills is an issue…really? Like honestly, really? Create a char, run in trainers go make a box of fucking mac n cheese or anything that takes no time at all, and come back and fuck the server up….smh
No, a lvl 350 knight cannot round up6 GS and exori them down lol, leveling with any decent amount of precision is just Exori Hur lol. Thats with decent skills and donor gear. i leveled a pally 100% the same way i leveled a knight in GS up to 750, pallies actually go a bit faster, since thier single target spells hit slightly harder as the levels progress.
As far as high level spawns go, casters are more in tight spots than pallies, as pallies can hunt Ghastly Dragons which are speedy damn leveling, as long as its not overcamped that is. I mean mages can do demons or whatever, but pallies can lawl afk bot level a lot easier than mages.

So pretty much every argument you had was invalid. Pallies may be stagnant for non botters, as i have also leveled the non botting way, so i do agree for thier sake boosting the class or adding some flare is fine but as to your concerns… i dont see the relevance in your complaints.

Create Havoc Around Our System
22 Jul 16 10:11 PM
Draggonoth said:
So pretty much every argument you had was invalid. Pallies may be stagnant for non botters, as i have also leveled the non botting way, so i do agree for thier sake boosting the class or adding some flare is fine but as to your concerns… i dont see the relevance in your complaints.

PALADINS STAGNANT FOR NON BOTTERS? HEY, after this thread started and I saw that two staff members gave it support + even trith who usually tries to provide informed feedback about the server, i thought: "oh! finally people are waking up to the reality that paladin damage SUCKS". So I reluctantly created a paladin and took it to 800~ and even got him some donors. Here's what I found:

At level 800 and with some donors and good skills. My paladins damage is consistently BELOW what a level 500 mage with no donors has.

The following monsters, if even 2 get together, have a chance to take me apart[Tested]:
-Heroes (wtf?)
-Holy Bishops
-Royal Minions
-Pyro Imps
-Deeplings
-Wisps
-Serpent Spawns
-Black Knight Bosses
-Hydras (can't even scratch them)
-Werewolves
-Wisps
-White Knights
-Demon Sprouts

So basically all I can bot at level 800 with donor helmet, amulet and weapons, is giant spiders. Maybe Ice golems or bogs IFF no more than 2 get together. If not, guaranteed death when botting. At around level 600 even the GS could sit me down.

So yeah, paladins are stagnant for botters, for non botters, for everyone, period. All points made above by other people remain solid, and this issue seems like a critical one since a whole vocation is currently very depressing to level up.

Trith
22 Jul 16 11:29 PM
Draggonoth said:
Trith said:
Draggonoth said:

Draggonoth said:
Draggonoth said:

Draggonoth said:

Draggonoth said:

Draggonoth said:

Draggonoth said:

If you are going to pick apart everything i say, and add not really anything constructive ill give you just this response, and discontinue this conversation, as im not going to get into childish back and forth with you like was happening last time i post on forums. For some reason you just stalk every post i make and try to tear it apart, with or without anything useful to add.
That being said:
Having a half shit spell is not more useful than no spell, as leveling to 750 is all Exori Hur unless you are completely scrubbing the game up. Its not useful to use, and it burns heaps of mana, causing mana runes to burn faster. Its inefficient and dumb.
Complaining about sitting in trainers like getting free skills is an issue…really? Like honestly, really? Create a char, run in trainers go make a box of fucking mac n cheese or anything that takes no time at all, and come back and fuck the server up….smh
No, a lvl 350 knight cannot round up6 GS and exori them down lol, leveling with any decent amount of precision is just Exori Hur lol. Thats with decent skills and donor gear. i leveled a pally 100% the same way i leveled a knight in GS up to 750, pallies actually go a bit faster, since thier single target spells hit slightly harder as the levels progress.
As far as high level spawns go, casters are more in tight spots than pallies, as pallies can hunt Ghastly Dragons which are speedy damn leveling, as long as its not overcamped that is. I mean mages can do demons or whatever, but pallies can lawl afk bot level a lot easier than mages.

Then kid who hit level 1k on day one used exori gran to level…its how he got such a high level that quickly…Thats facts right there, not opinions.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.