Cyntara - Forum - Impending Doom of Currency
Fargo
19 Jul 16 05:52 PM
As it stands, each day the value of CC's goes down vastly. Last era doner equipment was able to be bought for around 15kk each piece but so far I have seen the same equipment go for over 30kk. This is currently the fourth day and I imagine each day such prices are going to continue to inflate substantially.
What's the cause?
Fishing.

Fishing is the sole reason for the devalued currency. There are individuals with kkk's already (keep in mind that the server has been up for four days). People will continue to blatantly abuse fishing because as it stands players have zero drawbacks to running a character dedicated to fishing via a bot. Last era some measures were tried, fishing giving experience until level 400 in the hopes other people would kill them, but those failed so new measures are needed to be taken immediately. If there is to be some value to money something absolutely needs to be done about this. This era is early enough that such changes can be made before serious repercussions can occur.
I know some people struggle with money and need some way to earn some cash but something that can be done by a bot automatically which has little setup. There needs to be some gates that makes it difficult to automate it.

How to fix it
Setting up a fishing bot is incredibly easy but adding gates to selling the fish/items and making players to trade x item for the coin pouches can complicate their scripts. Having the NPC which you sell the items to could walk around town (through players, mwalls, ect.) and not stopping even if you talk to them could make selling items via a bot a lot more complicated and waste their time. While some players trying to legitimately earn money may have trouble finding it, they will be able to eventually.
This isn't a perfect solution but some sort of action needs to be taken as soon as possible.

or just remove fishing.. but you know..

Draggonoth
19 Jul 16 08:17 PM
Fishing adds a fun little flavor to the game, and the amount earned from fishing will very quickly be not that substantial in comparison to say someone 1500+ botting high level spawns, however i agree that the profit from fishing should not be even remotely that high.
Easiest way to devalue fishing is cut all prfits from any of the sellable fish by like 80%, and drop the amount gold pouches drop by 20%.
The one major drawback to doing this is that the people who went all in on fishing early will have a humongous unfair edge against those who didnt.
Other possible fishing suggestion:
Make certain fish/fishing loot only obtainable by certain levels,
Like Gold pouch can only be fished up with 70 fishing and lvl 1200, for example. or something to that affect.

Fargo
19 Jul 16 08:32 PM
I like that last part, requirements for certain fish / coin pouches. The thing is that there is no way to put everyone back on the same field in regards to money earned but we can fix it before it becomes too widespread, which is exactly what I'm trying to do.
If it isn't fixed soon then the economy of Cyntara is going to go down hill rather fast.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.