Cyntara - Forum - Multiple Instances?
Draggonoth
19 Jul 16 09:05 PM
Now im going to start by saying V9 has been great thus far and this suggestion is partly due to that exact fact. I mentioned something like this as a response to someone else's suggestion, however i figured id go ahead and make it, its own post.

V9 is a hit, and the server is blowing up, and as such, the very limited amount of spawns becomes a severe level-limiting factor which means whoever can get in early and for the longest time, will get a major edge and it will be hard to compete with this.

This suggestion is coming from someone who has been with Cyntara for a very long time, as well as a donator, and since the end of last version, a botter. Before that i never botted, and i prided myself on being able to stay a competitive level manually, however it started to become impossible to keep up as the botters hogged the spawns day in day out, and killed anyone they could find that was trying to level when they werent botting. So i buckled, got a bot, and keeping up is easier, however as stated in the beginning of this, the population is getting too much for current spawns to hold, so my suggestion is this:

Multiple Instances. Sort of akin to how WoW has instances of each dungeon to each group that joins, Cyntara could possibly do something similar, where say you go into a spawn, and there is a staircase or hole type system where there are duplicates of that spawn is above or below, so if someone is in Ghastly Dragon 1, you could try using Ghastly Dragon 2 or 3, and such.
This suggestion is mostly to fill the gap in leveling from 600-1800. After 1800, theres only going to be a handful of people that can keep up and will be leveling in flayers/miners and such so it wont be as much an issue.

Suggested Spawns :
Giant Spiders
Ghastly Dragons
Hydras
White Knights

Again, this is only a suggestion, would be cool with additional ideas or alternate civil opinions. :)

Create Havoc Around Our System
19 Jul 16 10:50 PM
I think this is a great idea, but sadly i imagine it would be really hard to implement.

Not the mechanics themselves, because a counter storage could be put on the portal actionids for easy player routing, but it would require duplicate "maps" in the otbm, which translates in more RAM to run the server. map "real estate" is pricey, which is why i imagine cyntara has isolated cities.

Also, there would be the issue of PKing and not being able to find a player, or a PK hiding in a crowded "instance" until he/she looses pz.

An alternate solution to this would be to simple expand those existing spawns a little, but tbh i don't see them getting that crowded. I've seen worse before. the paladin issue seems more urgent imo.

Trith
19 Jul 16 11:34 PM
Then people will bot ghastlys 1,2,3,4 and 5 instead of just ghastlys 1. Cool idea but it'd be just as crowded as it is now if you make it like that

Draggonoth
19 Jul 16 11:50 PM
Havoc, its more along the lines of creating additional floors, with duplicate maps, not necessarily holding massive amounts of a single spawn, where it would register one in use and teleport the next person to a different instance of that spawn, i was suggesting something much more simple, and much less code heavy lol.

Draggonoth
19 Jul 16 11:51 PM
And trith, thing about that is, if there was a guy with 5 chars and there were 5 spawns, eventually they would run out of stamina and have to spend a few days recouping, however if he has 5 chars and 1 spawn, it can be botted permanently by that one player

Red
20 Jul 16 04:05 AM
The idea of instances is an idea that we've been discussing internally every now and then. We want to bring more instanced features to Cyntara in the future for sure. I'm not sure this would be one of them, though.

When creating a spawn, we try our best to consider the advantage and the disadvantage of hunting at said area. Ghastly Dragons are outwardly an excellent spawn for Paladins to hunt in; relatively low risk, great experience, great loot. The disadvantage of this spawn over something, say, Demon Sprouts, is that the spawn is very small. This was a very intentional design choice. If every vocation had 6, 7 or 8 spawns like Ghastly Dragons for Paladins, there would be no competition over spawns. It is our goal to create competition between our players.

I've spoken at length in the past with some other players (primarily Will (Shatonu)) about how the game cannot exist if every spawn is a "wonderspawn." The very thing that makes certain spawns favorable is that they are objectively a better bang for your buck.

Red

Trith
20 Jul 16 04:39 PM
Draggonoth said:
And trith, thing about that is, if there was a guy with 5 chars and there were 5 spawns, eventually they would run out of stamina and have to spend a few days recouping, however if he has 5 chars and 1 spawn, it can be botted permanently by that one player

Lol, I meant 1 person botting all 5 floors…Why take 1/5th of tjhe spawn when i can take all of it?

Draggonoth
22 Jul 16 09:18 PM
inefficient, stopping the killing rotation, to go out and down a floor, through probable PZ, is a waste, and unnecessary

Trith
22 Jul 16 11:32 PM
Draggonoth said:
inefficient, stopping the killing rotation, to go out and down a floor, through probable PZ, is a waste, and unnecessary

Inefficient yes, but people will still do it.

Having a three-sum is technically inefficient but you ain't gunna see me or anyone else pass one up anytime soon.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.