Cyntara - Forum - Quests on Cyntara need a major overhaul. Sooner rather than late
Trith
31 Jul 16 12:56 AM
Atm the quests on Cyntara as fun as they CAN be are fucking pitiful atm. They are actually a negative amount of fun. Like why should I set my BOT to do these quests when I can instead go play a real game where I can get a reward for doing an action instead of doing an action and getting "do more of this repeated action until you wanna either blow your brains out or quit"

Take warlock quest - do a maze that you either have the map for or you don't do. Why should I have to follow a map to do a quest?

Access to Ferumbras tower - you need 5 people who were fucking bored enough to do the maze to just gain access to do that quest. Unless someone mced multiple characters they don't have access.

Cursed ruins - We've botted mine supervisors and ice miners for over 20 hours on DOUBLE loot and still have yet to loot a pick. At this point why should I continue to brainlessly bot this pathetic monster when I can go to another OT or game and complete a similar quest in 5 hours…This isn't even to COMPLETE the quest this is just access to it, you still need to fucking bot the monsters INSIDE the ruin the complete the quest. This isn't a quest for players, this is a quest for BOTS.

HoTA - Great idea, but why should I sit and brainlessly shovel the ground for an hour just so I can have a chance to complete a quest? I can instead set my bot to do it or just not do it at all. Trying to convince 5-6 other players to brainlessly smash the ground with a shovel is near damned impossible. No one wants to do this. It is not fun.

Cyntara Trivia quest - Another quest that unless you are named Red you do NOT know the answers to. The only way you will complete this quest is by suiciding a bunch which is oh so fun in games or watching a youtube tutorial. This is not a fun quest. its a fucking bore for shit rewards

Myths maze - See above.

Dark knight of vanda - This quest is another one of those made for a bot. Either you bot the task 351 times or you do not do this quest. Why should I manually check the bosses and get 15 coins a day for a month when I can set my bot? No one will manually complete this quest without paying a trillion Cyntara coins for the tokens or botting the living shit out of the quest. This quest is not fun.

Depth lords - another quest where you have to convince 5-6 other players to brainlessly kill a shit monster for 4 hours so you can have a chance at "rare" items. No one wants to do this because again, it is not fun.

An alternate fate - This quest isn't a quest for humans. it is a quest for Xenobot.

Challenge room - This is not a fun "quest" it is simply summoning so many monsters at once that NO ONE can complete it.

Demon task "quest" - This quest again, is for BOTS. Manualling 666 demons sounds fun and all but again, why should I? I don't get good exp doing it or good loot. Instead I have to brainlessly mash the same 2 hotkeys (umr and exori con rai) until my fucking hand is numb and then I can look and see i've only killed 14 demons because they are tanks, heal, and have a shit ton of hp.

Quests need an overhaul to make them for PLAYERS, Not for BOTS, YOUTUBE, and SUICIDEING A BUNCH.

Most quests will have to either be completely redone or removed because this shit isn't fun. It's boring as all hell.

Holy shit rant over…But it is a serious rant

Dafter
31 Jul 16 01:28 AM
Completly agree with this, hota its a hell of a pain to just be able to enter, feru tower its supposed to help noob guys with double insignia, and its a pain in the ass try to get DoT without ToT and a bunch of lvls its like wtf??
havnt tried the 1.8k quest but i believe its not diff, the dark knight of vanda its awesome to slay cullex, but cmn.. 350 tokens?? holy sht niga lemme bot that.. bot.. 0 fun

basically high lvl quest are all about botting, besides inquisition and poi.. and btw poi its a pain in the ass already.. running fury gate.. then running those innsane seals (the plague one its basically ANNOYING xD) but cool made it with a team..
what about cursed ruins.. that mother hell of a pick is not droping even on x2 drop and luck gemmed.. wtf
the demon task.. alright i managed to kill the 666 demons in like 3-4 days with some friends.. and none stop hunting to get the damn sceptre that idk where the hell belongs xD not funny
maybe doing more simple to get scarab coins.. to get the hell of the pick.. to change somehow the acces to feru tower i mean jesus the maze of lost souls its a 15mins doing nothing but walk
idk how to.. id like to give ideas on how to make the quest funnier so we give a twist on what questing means in cyntara (more than botting the sht out of everything)

Fargo
31 Jul 16 02:00 AM
Complaining about something is easy, providing a solution is much more difficult.

Trith
31 Jul 16 02:19 AM
Silence said:
Complaining about something is easy, providing a solution is much more difficult.

Solutions are easy, But good solutions are harder. Before making a quest ask yourself "is this a quest a manual player can realistically accomplish in an equal amount of time as xenobot can?"

Warlock quest- instead of doing a stupid maze that no one knows the way through allow people to like…enter the spawn without doing it.

Access to Ferumbras tower - Zarabuster is there, why not use him? Slay Zarabuster for access to Ferumbars tower. (slaying him drops an item every time, use said item you gain access)

Cursed ruins - Make the pick more readily available to players who want to get it. Keep the loot rate how it is thats fine. But add a boss monster that spawns about as often as the other boss monsters (tyrn, mini demon oak and such) that always drops it. Or add a quest in there where you need 3-4 players to complete, or even a task for 500 ice miners. Any of these work

Hota - Either allow players free access to try the bosses or add 5 or so switches all over the tomb floor where the tps are that allow unrestricted access to the bosses for 15 minutes. This means you have to switch them all per boss but easy enough that a team can do it without much effort.

Cyntara trivia quest - Add questions that actually relate to CYntara and HELP new players. Questions such as - What is Reds contact email address, Who are the current CMs on Cyntara, What is the best way to contact a GM on cyntara, Where is the best place to have your suggestion heard?

Myths maze - Make it an actual maze like the hedge maze in ab'dendriel in real tibia or remove it.

Dark knight of vanda - Make 10 vampire lords in royal minions that the NPC sends you to kill, Once you slay all 10 you gain access to culex. These bosses should require a team of no more than 5 players and also requires you to hand in a vampiric crest. Culex is hard enough that players wont just breeze through this and farm him.

Depth lords - The bosses should spawn inside of the deepling spawn as about as rare as vampire bosses. There is no reason to make them exlusive to a secret area. People only hunt them because they can bot in 100% privacy.

Alternate fate - Lower the level requirement. As it stands the only people who will hit 1.8k are the people who bot the hardest. The more casual botters or manual players will never even be able to attempt this quest. 1.6k is a fair level.

Challenge room - Remove it.

Demon task "quest" - its literally shit but I don't see any good alternatives.

Mr Trala
31 Jul 16 02:21 AM
Silence said:
Nice reply prat, I guess I now know why ppl leave.

PS: As a new player, yep, this OT is one of those just to bot.

Red
31 Jul 16 02:48 AM
Mr said:
Silence said:
Nice reply prat, I guess I now know why ppl leave.
Only third-wave feminists get offended by objective statements.

Mr said:
PS: As a new player, yep, this OT is one of those just to bot.
Welcome to Open Tibia!
But seriously, you have your choice of many other servers, yet you're here. Trying to troll.

Red

Matt Bruh
31 Jul 16 11:54 AM
Trith said:
Silence said:
MY RESPONSES ARE IN CAPS - NOT YELLING JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT STAND OUT FROM TRITHS MUMBO JUMBO.

Solutions are easy, But good solutions are harder. Before making a quest ask yourself "is this a quest a manual player can realistically accomplish in an equal amount of time as xenobot can?"

Warlock quest- instead of doing a stupid maze that no one knows the way through allow people to like…enter the spawn without doing it.YES TY

Access to Ferumbras tower - Zarabuster is there, why not use him? Slay Zarabuster for access to Ferumbars tower. (slaying him drops an item every time, use said item you gain access) AGREED - THIS BOSS IS TOUGH ENOUGH FOR LOWER LEVELS THAT IT WOULD STILL GIVE A SOMEWHAT CHALLENGE TO ACCESS FERU TOWER.

Cursed ruins - Make the pick more readily available to players who want to get it. Keep the loot rate how it is thats fine. But add a boss monster that spawns about as often as the other boss monsters (tyrn, mini demon oak and such) that always drops it. Or add a quest in there where you need 3-4 players to complete, or even a task for 500 ice miners. Any of these work - I THINK I COULD CRAFT MY OWN PICK IN REAL LIFE AND MINE A DIAMOND BEFORE THIS THING DROPS. EVEN ON "2X LOOT", IF THATS EVEN A THING.

Hota - Either allow players free access to try the bosses or add 5 or so switches all over the tomb floor where the tps are that allow unrestricted access to the bosses for 15 minutes. This means you have to switch them all per boss but easy enough that a team can do it without much effort.
HOTA IS NOT WORTH THE TIME OR MONEY INVESTED AT ALL. SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS TO EVEN FIND THE TELEPORTS IN THE TOMB LET ALONE GET SCARAB COINS FOR EVERY PLAYERS.

Cyntara trivia quest - Add questions that actually relate to CYntara and HELP new players. Questions such as - What is Reds contact email address, Who are the current CMs on Cyntara, What is the best way to contact a GM on cyntara, Where is the best place to have your suggestion heard? PERFECT SOLUTION.

Myths maze - Make it an actual maze like the hedge maze in ab'dendriel in real tibia or remove it. REMOVE MYTHS MAZE, IT IS FOR VETERAN PLAYERS ONLY.

Dark knight of vanda - Make 10 vampire lords in royal minions that the NPC sends you to kill, Once you slay all 10 you gain access to culex. These bosses should require a team of no more than 5 players and also requires you to hand in a vampiric crest. Culex is hard enough that players wont just breeze through this and farm him. THIS QUEST IS BY FAR A PAIN IN THE ASS, MAKE TOKENS DROP MORE OFTEN FROM MINIONS AND REBELS IS A SIMPLE FIX. AND BY MORE OFTEN I MEAN MORE THAN LOOTING 1 TOKEN IN THE 4 TASKS IVE COMPLETED.

Depth lords - The bosses should spawn inside of the deepling spawn as about as rare as vampire bosses. There is no reason to make them exlusive to a secret area. People only hunt them because they can bot in 100% privacy. DEPTH LORDS ARE COOL AND ALL BUT NEEDING SHIMMERING PEARLS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS- SHOULD JUST NEED TO USE THE HEART OF THE SEAS OR WHATEVER PER PLAYER AND ACCESS IS GRANTED - THIS ALLOWS PLAYERS TO GET NON-DONOR BUT GOOD GEAR MUCH EASIER.

Alternate fate - Lower the level requirement. As it stands the only people who will hit 1.8k are the people who bot the hardest. The more casual botters or manual players will never even be able to attempt this quest. 1.6k is a fair level. MAKE IT LEVEL 1.6K PLEASE.

Challenge room - Remove it. - NO COMMENT HERE

Demon task "quest" - its literally shit but I don't see any good alternatives. NOT A BAD QUEST IMO, BUT NOBODY IS GOING TO WANT TO COMPLETE IT FOR THE SHITTY REWARDS WHEN WE HAVE DONORS ALREADY. (DONT HAVE DONORS? YOU WONT COMPLETE DEMON OAK.)

Dafter
31 Jul 16 06:03 PM
agreed on those ideas im fine with the challenge room.. but it has a typo not being clear with the amount of stuff it ask per a certain round.. as for lvling 1.6k maybe awesome to rebirth.. can even accept 1.7k suffering the 1.6k xp.. but 1.8k its way too much

besides the room with the sceptre for an ancient lock i dunno whats the reward of killing 666 demons (besides the sht load of xp)

Spartan1040
01 Aug 16 12:47 AM
I think myth maze is cool,it have some general knowledge questions and logic,not so bad but agree the other ones

Wolf
03 Aug 16 11:14 PM
What about wote? I tried doing it last reset took about 3hrs to do half if you dont know the way red edited it, and everyone just quit, never tried it again, i remember doing full hota two resets ago, theres a boss that headshots you and need a rlly big team to finish , everyone alredy stopd playing this reset so quests are even harder to complete.
Agreed with trith's suggestions

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.