Cyntara - Forum - Add Quests unique to Cyntara to library.
Draggonoth
11 Aug 16 05:22 PM
Recently i was looking about for things found on the previous version of the Cyntara website, the rebirth quest line to be precise, and find information lacking. As the post made with the update and details regarding said quest have vanished, gone with the old site. I was wondering if quests of such, added during updates, or quests unique to Cyntara alone could have descriptive pages possibly including screenshots that help guide heroes along quests.
I know Maazik is doing something similar by adding quest videos in the thread for it, however i believe it would be more appealing, and possibly more professional looking were it to be properly formatted and explained. Perhaps with some embellished story to aid in its description, perhaps like an informative story with detail towards goal and accompanying picture.

Fargo
11 Aug 16 05:40 PM
There wasn't very much information on the rebirth quest in general, I just looked. Most of it is speculation from players and Red glazed over it by saying "its bigger than a piece of equipment in terms of an upgrade"
I doubt when new quests are created Red will make a post showing the exact way to do it. The players should be the ones to figure out the quest and post, if they like, to other people. Sure, it would look more professional but all effort spent making a quest guide could be spent towards developing new content.
I do not believe we should personally be spoonfeeding players on how to complete a quest. For instance, the mindflayer logic puzzle, where would the interest or even fun be if Red just said the answer was "crazzik". It spoils the entire quest and makes it less interesting than it would be otherwise. If a player wants it spoiled for them then another one of the players will have to give them the answer.

Red
11 Aug 16 11:13 PM
I agree with what Silence has already said. I would like to expand on one thing, though. Cyntara as a whole, including its quests, is constantly being improved and adjusted. Cyntara is an active work-in-progress and will always remain so. To put it another way, nothing is ever "completed."
If there is enough demand for this, I would encourage the community to start building a Cyntara Wiki. If it were to become resourceful enough and useful enough, it would definitely be a big part of the main website; I would also offer to contribute to the accuracy of many pages as well as moderate it. Furthermore, this would be a great opportunity for the staff to distribute Cyntara Coins to dedicated contributors.

Anyway, for the staff, including myself, to create and maintain such a resource alone would take so much time, you probably wouldn't see any new content for at least a year.
Red

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.