Cyntara - Forum - Donators and Non-Donators.
Silent
18 Jun 16 05:51 PM
This has been a problem with Cyntara for a while now. I know they donated and they helped the server and everything but this needs to stop. If there is a level 1000 with donors walking around in a spawn being able to do whatever he/she wants and a simple level 500 stumbles across that spawn to get some level (keep in mind that he doesn't have donors), he would not be able to get kills to level up. Donors are incredibly broken even though they are well deserved, but I have a simple suggestion that might make Cyntara more fun for people who can't donate or who don't want to donate. Making most donors possible to get in-game. Right now the only possible way to get the full mage/paladin/knight set is by donating. Which is fine of course I will, but people that can't donate, won't be able to get any donors. Only possible way they will get donors is if they stumble across someone kind enough to sell it to them, or they get lucky enough to find a donor item on the floor (incredibly unlikely). I'm not saying make donors weaker, i'm saying make it even across players so everyone can play Cyntara by actually having fun and not looking for a new spawn just to see that it doesn't give good exp or someone with donors has already taken over the spawn (by killing every monster in sight).

Maazik
18 Jun 16 05:55 PM
Or making new ittems that are simillar to donators, but they can be only obtained from quests. Nobody would donate if you could get "donators" from quests, so my suggestion is to make new ittems that are a little bit weaker than the donator ittems. The question is tho, is there somebody who could make new quests and new ittems. There are 6 staff members (not including Red and Diath) who could start mapping and improving Cyntara, not just logging in game and having fun.No offence. Everybody can help players in game and as far I've seen only Red and Diath were working on new website (tell me if I'm wrong).

Silent
18 Jun 16 06:00 PM
We have items similar to donors such as Caloptyerx cape and blue legs. But they are both incredibly hard to get.

Fargo
18 Jun 16 06:58 PM
Now a level 500 will have trouble competing with a level 1000 in the first place, doners or no doners, but now in V9 that level 500 will be capable of earning Cyntara Coins and that will allow them to be more on par with the level 1000 with doners. And that is the entire point of Cyntara Coins; to have points available in-game that can be earned easier without spending money. Not to mention that you are able of earning a full donation set by reporting bugs, recruit a team/guild, or provide content to Cyntara such as maps code, advertising, and so on. In fact, I was able to earn a full donation set (not donating a penny) by doing so in V8-S2. As for other equipment being subpar to donation gear, Heztix started balancing older items making them more powerful in V8-S2 and made some progress but I believe he became sidetracked with other things. There are other items that are stronger than doner gear, the prismatic stuff comes to mind, so it's not the drop $30 and gain the strongest equipment for the rest of the server type anymore.

As far as other staff members doing other work, Vala and I have been. Vala has been coming up with new ideas to make the game more fun and I have been making new maps. I have mapped a decent bit so far and plan on making more since there's a lot of room to work with and expand upon. As for the others, I can't speak for them. Red or themselves will have to do so.

Red
18 Jun 16 07:04 PM
@Silent:

It's really hard to compare a level 1k with donor items and a level 500 without donor items. But for the sake of comparison, even if they were the same level, every piece of obtainable equipment throughout the game is related to the donor equivilent. To put it another way, blue legs are very similar to icy culotte because the stats on blue legs were based off the stats of icy culotte, just a tad bit weaker; this goes for the next pair of legs down from blue legs, etc.

You stated that the purpose of your thread is to address the issue that it's incredibly difficult, if not impossible, for non-donors to obtain donor items or compete with them without donating. This is exactly the issue we hope to address with the introduction of Cyntara Coins. When Cyntara 9 is released, the donor currency will literally be obtainable from a number of different avenues by simply playing Cyntara.

@Maazik:

To be fair, this has been implemented for a while now. And the "there are 6 staff members" statement is not really accurate. Not everyone on the current staff roster possesses the ability to directly contribute to the server in that sort of way; some can, but don't have the time. This is neither here nor there. The fact remains, if any player possesses the ability to contribute to Cyntara directly, they are open to! We are always open to player contributions, as long as they hit a standard suitable for the server. We even offer Cyntara Coins in exchange for their contributions.

Red

Silent
18 Jun 16 10:48 PM
Thank you guys so much for clearing everything up. Really looking forward to World Quest, Cyntara coins and v9 in general!

Moomster
18 Jun 16 11:11 PM
@ Red
I have been wanting to get in contact with someone from DEV team ( but as you already know the contact admin link doesn't work. )
I know you guys are very busy at the moment, So the last few days i have spoken to a few players in game sparking interest in being able to contribute to help make Cyntara a personal experience for everyone.
I have been researching what is involved in running an OT server. (Mind blowing) You guys are certainly on a godly level and deserve a medal. I am very interested in being able to contribute more to Cyntara. (not so much on a staff level but if one of the Dev team are available to mentor interested parties and teach them the apps used to develop maps to make quests etc. I would very much love to contribute in that way.
Let me know what you think..

Trith
18 Jun 16 11:51 PM
Silence said:
Heztix started balancing older items making them more powerful in V8-S2 and made some progress but I believe he became sidetracked with other things. There are other items that are stronger than doner gear, the prismatic stuff comes to mind, so it's not the drop $30 and gain the strongest equipment for the rest of the server type anymore.

Going off of what Silence said, the donors on Cyntara have been more than balanced for the last few version. Take NoxiousOT for example where if you don't have a full donor set you SERIOUSLY notice it when pvp even to the point where not having donors might not even be worth playing.

On Cyntara the weapons and equipment scale really well the top level wand only does slightly less damage than the donor wand and yet there are still better wands out there than the donors. Besides a lot of the "weapons" for pvp are all found ingame such as the ToT, Curagas, super spells and such. That and the best equipment is really found ingame and lategame you'll really start to notice most players will only keep 2 or 3 donor items in their set and the rest will be stuff they found ingame through the many great quests out there.

To end off the donors are really only on Cyntara to help with players who can only play on weekends/have limited gaming time keep up with the players who are able to no life it.
tl;dr donating really only helps Red and Diath keep Cyntara online, not help you win the game.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.