Cyntara - Forum - Wheres the love for EKs?
TheEddyFerreira
16 Jul 17 08:47 PM
Being of of the very few (if not only) player using EK as a main character I can say how disgusted I am with this vocation at the minute :(
The arguments I get is you are a tank, well trust me, It's not as tank as one may think, at any level whatsoever and I do have best equips on server, best enchantments, best promotion on server and so forth…
Ok enough whinging, my suggestion is to remove "gran ico" cooldown , or at least take it down to 5-10 secs tops.
as it stands that does 12k-15k damage (if lucky) then it has a 5 minutes cooldown, most pvp fights don't even last this long, my point being it's impossible to use spell twice in most pvp fights.

quick comparison:
lv 1.5k mage hits 5k average with SD
lv 1.5k EK hits 15k with "gran ico"

the flip side is, mages can hit SD every .5 secs, after 5 minutes it sums up to 3.000.000 damage.
in comparison to 15k + w.e melee hits we manage to get.

not sold? want more comparison?
take into consideration this scenario:
lv 1.5k EK + lv 1.5k Pally cannot kill a lv 1.5k Mage
lv 1.5k Mage + Lv 1.5k Pally can kill an EK.

I doubt very many players would be able to relate, but look forward to hear your thoughts.
cheers!

Trith
16 Jul 17 08:58 PM
your values are quite incorrect, consider rechecking your math and then reporting back. Thanks!

TheEddyFerreira
17 Jul 17 05:49 AM
Trith said:
your values are quite incorrect, consider rechecking your math and then reporting back. Thanks!

if you took the time to read and response, feel free to correct me senor.
once again heres the algorithm:
5k damage every 0.5seconds for 5 minutes (300seconds x 2) = 3 million damage

I recall you were the one who said you hit 5k damage with SD.
The numbers you see are theoretically correct, theoretically being the key word, due to noone ever being able to hit SDs fo 5 mins non-stop, even then it's to highlight how absurd it looks in comparison to what EKs damage are like.
#removeGranIcoCooldown, #cooldownOff

Trith
17 Jul 17 10:40 AM
Exhaust is 1 second, not .5

So that already halves your damage output

Also you're comparing a main damage source to a spell only used in a combo. Compare tot and wand to your melee and utori ico then recheck math

TheEddyFerreira
17 Jul 17 11:20 AM
Trith said:

Also you're comparing a main damage source to a spell only used in a combo. Compare tot and wand to your melee and utori ico then recheck math

did that.
Mage SD only 1.5million damage after 5 mins against EK 15k spell + melee av (1.5k per hit at best) after 5 mins = 465k
mages 3.8-4x more, but not really because no spell was taken into consideration, if you add any mage spells it goes to mage = 10x better
point being EK suck.

But I reconsidered too:
I believe it should be something more along the lines of:
"gran ico" 15 sec cooldown & 25 souls to use.
that gives a full soul player four possible chances in a fight (maybe).
before having to wait ages for regen.
does that sound better?

Trith
17 Jul 17 11:56 AM
TheEddyFerreira said:
Trith said:

did that.
Mage SD only 1.5million damage after 5 mins against EK 15k spell + melee av (1.5k per hit at best) after 5 mins = 465k
mages 3.8-4x more, but not really because no spell was taken into consideration, if you add any mage spells it goes to mage = 10x better
point being EK suck.

But I reconsidered too:
I believe it should be something more along the lines of:
"gran ico" 15 sec cooldown & 25 souls to use.
that gives a full soul player four possible chances in a fight (maybe).
before having to wait ages for regen.
does that sound better?

Compare the math for melee and utori ico to a mages wand and tot and then you will be taken seriously, and there are manyyyy ways to regen soul. A gran ico is a huge combo that does not need to be spammed, same with sorcs beam

Dafter
17 Jul 17 11:59 AM
I wont mess with the damge, but id change the spell cooldown as same as the MS super beam, so they have the perfect timing on pvp for a team fight, and both need to get into some position for the spells to be really effective

TheEddyFerreira
17 Jul 17 12:35 PM
Dafter said:
I wont mess with the damge, but id change the spell cooldown as same as the MS super beam, so they have the perfect timing on pvp for a team fight, and both need to get into some position for the spells to be really effective

I would be massively happy with that too, meaning it would be used more in a evasive situation or if you get trapped etc.
MS super beam cooldown = 4 secs, correct?

Trith
17 Jul 17 01:06 PM
TheEddyFerreira said:
Dafter said:

I would be massively happy with that too, meaning it would be used more in a evasive situation or if you get trapped etc.
MS super beam cooldown = 4 secs, correct?

Like 3 minutes….

Lass
17 Jul 17 02:58 PM
I don't know why you would add up our wand, tot and spells, the rune exhausts any attack spell. Also, the beam isn't 4 seconds, it's 90 seconds exhaust.
And if you're a 1.5k knight that gets killed by a 1.5k mage and a 1.5k paladin, then you should consider playing another vocation.
A knight can carry an insane amount of curaga runes and that's enough to tank 2 people level 1.5k.
A mage can only carry so many mana potions to last a few minutes, but he'd surely die to a paladin and a knight both level 1.5k.
If your suggestion of making the exhaust on 'exori gran ico' last only 5 seconds was accepted, then you'd end up doing 900,000 damage in 5 minutes, probably more than a paladin, and at the same time you can mwall, push, heal and tank. Might as well remove the other vocations.

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.