Cyntara - Forum - Wheres the love for EKs?
TheEddyFerreira
17 Jul 17 09:12 PM
Lass said:
I don't know why you would add up our wand, tot and spells, the rune exhausts any attack spell. Also, the beam isn't 4 seconds, it's 90 seconds exhaust.
And if you're a 1.5k knight that gets killed by a 1.5k mage and a 1.5k paladin, then you should consider playing another vocation.
A knight can carry an insane amount of curaga runes and that's enough to tank 2 people level 1.5k.
A mage can only carry so many mana potions to last a few minutes, but he'd surely die to a paladin and a knight both level 1.5k.
If your suggestion of making the exhaust on 'exori gran ico' last only 5 seconds was accepted, then you'd end up doing 900,000 damage in 5 minutes, probably more than a paladin, and at the same time you can mwall, push, heal and tank. Might as well remove the other vocations.

I don't know where you got the 900k from.
last suggestion was "gran ico" 15 sec cooldown & 25 souls to use.
almost 60k damage in over 1 minute then no more for ages, sounds fair.

Trith
17 Jul 17 09:23 PM
TheEddyFerreira said:
Lass said:
I don't know why you would add up our wand, tot and spells, the rune exhausts any attack spell. Also, the beam isn't 4 seconds, it's 90 seconds exhaust.
And if you're a 1.5k knight that gets killed by a 1.5k mage and a 1.5k paladin, then you should consider playing another vocation.
A knight can carry an insane amount of curaga runes and that's enough to tank 2 people level 1.5k.
A mage can only carry so many mana potions to last a few minutes, but he'd surely die to a paladin and a knight both level 1.5k.
If your suggestion of making the exhaust on 'exori gran ico' last only 5 seconds was accepted, then you'd end up doing 900,000 damage in 5 minutes, probably more than a paladin, and at the same time you can mwall, push, heal and tank. Might as well remove the other vocations.

You're acting like a knight uses gran ico and then just sits there for 5 more minutes waiting for the cooldown to reset, while a mage do this 1.5 MILLION damage while the ek is forced to sit there, You are wrong.

The ek can use utori ico and melee, WHILE m walling the enemy players or pushing them or potting his own team while he waits for the gran ico to come off of cooldown.

A mage is forced to use tot and once they do that they may NOT push players, they may NOT pot themselves or teammates, they may NOT m wall.

The damage is like it is for a reason, risk vs reward. The ek spell has high damage all upfront and has ZERO risk, The mages damage comes OVER TIME and has much risk.

There is a reason for everything now do the math properly and stop talking like an idiot

TheEddyFerreira
18 Jul 17 04:04 PM
Trith said:
TheEddyFerreira said:
Lass said:

You're acting like a knight uses gran ico and then just sits there for 5 more minutes waiting for the cooldown to reset, while a mage do this 1.5 MILLION damage while the ek is forced to sit there, You are wrong.

The ek can use utori ico and melee, WHILE m walling the enemy players or pushing them or potting his own team while he waits for the gran ico to come off of cooldown.

A mage is forced to use tot and once they do that they may NOT push players, they may NOT pot themselves or teammates, they may NOT m wall.

The damage is like it is for a reason, risk vs reward. The ek spell has high damage all upfront and has ZERO risk, The mages damage comes OVER TIME and has much risk.

There is a reason for everything now do the math properly and stop talking like an idiot

Once again you are comparing apples and oranges.
Mages have too many spells to chose from, ek has 1 that does reasonable damage pvp wise.
Last time I checked this was a place for suggestions, not only your opinion counts @trith, no need for name calling.
My math is proper and I'm not an idiot, hold back that hot keyboard of yours :)

Klaas
18 Jul 17 05:17 PM
Perhaps knights aren't supposed to do a lot of damage? Perhaps they are supposed to tank and be a useful frontline?
A knight makes up what it lacks in damage with other qualities.

Ofcourse knights will look donkey ass when you single out purely damage and compare mages to knights. Mages hit, knights tank. It's been like that forever and for good reasons.

Trith
19 Jul 17 07:21 PM
I'd be down for the spell to be on a 90 second cooldown to match beam but thats about it

Red
22 Jul 17 03:04 PM
There is a lot of very incorrect math in this thread regarding spells, cooldowns, and min/high/avg damage. Annihilation was, and will always be a spell used to finish a combo and not a spell used to increase a knight's DPS; every spell is intended to have its pros and cons. This spell's two major cons are obviously its cooldown and its soul cost.

I'm OK with the idea of lowering the cooldown, but nothing less than 2 minutes for the Annihilation spell. If you're looking for a knight spell that has the potential to deal massive damage and costs less soul and has less cooldown? I haven't heard anybody even mention Blitz Berserk.

We will trial a 2-minute cooldown for Annihilation.
Red

TheEddyFerreira
23 Jul 17 04:03 AM
Red said:
There is a lot of very incorrect math in this thread regarding spells, cooldowns, and min/high/avg damage. Annihilation was, and will always be a spell used to finish a combo and not a spell used to increase a knight's DPS; every spell is intended to have its pros and cons. This spell's two major cons are obviously its cooldown and its soul cost.

I'm OK with the idea of lowering the cooldown, but nothing less than 2 minutes for the Annihilation spell. If you're looking for a knight spell that has the potential to deal massive damage and costs less soul and has less cooldown? I haven't heard anybody even mention Blitz Berserk.

We will trial a 2-minute cooldown for Annihilation.
Red

That sounds great, look forward to it

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.