Red
02/08/18 11:16 PM
Happy 9th Birthday, Cyntara!

On February 8, 2009, Cyntara welcomed its very first players. Within a short amount of time, Cyntara gave birth to the first veteran Cyntarists - many of which are still an active part of our community to this day.

The Cyntara Staff would like to take a moment on this anniversary to create an open forum to discuss the future of Cyntara with its dedicated community.

Red


Red
02/08/18 11:18 PM
This thread is a dedicated open forum to discussing the future of Cyntara's development with the community.

We intend to keep the bulk of next season's in-game content a secret. However, we're testing the waters with a lot of brand new avenues to improve Cyntara in ways that we have never considered in the past. The Developer Team has already internally discussed many new potential features and gameplay changes to make the next season of Cyntara far better than the last. To give an idea, we're currently discussing things such as: "Season Rewards", "Holiday Events", and an entire overhaul of the "Guild System" and benefits/possibilities.

Perhaps the biggest change that the Developer Team has been cooking up is the potential implementation of a Cyntara OTClient.

For the first time ever, I, as well as the entire Cyntara Developer Team, firmly believe that we can integrate OTClient into Cyntara not only in a way that would not only supplement the current vanilla client, but greatly enhance the gameplay experience. Full integration of OTClient for Cyntara would be the final frontier of customization and a "whole" Cyntara experience. No longer would we have any limitations to what is "possible" - we would have absolute ability to control how players see and play Cyntara.

Developing a custom Cyntara client with OTClient, on top of a major content update would be a huge task for us, so as of right now, it's simply an idea.

So, time for feedback:

- What would you like to see in a Cyntara OTClient?
- What do you think would be the biggest challenge to adapt a Cyntara OTClient to fit Cyntara's gameplay style?
- What features would you like to see with the Cyntara OTClient?
- What would be a deal-breaker for you?
- What other feedback would you like to share?

This thread is purely for discussion purposes only. Nothing is 100% set in stone, and we will continue working on v10-s2 until further notice.

Red


Red
02/08/18 11:18 PM
Some quick FAQ's

Q: Would we still be able to connect to the server with the old client?
A: No. We intend to make the Cyntara OTClient a full replacement of the old client.

Q: Do you plan to add custom sprites?
A: Yes!

Q: What about bots?
A: If we do plan to implement a Cyntara OTClient, we will not provide a bot for the client, and we will also have protection against external bot creation. However, we will take into close consideration some bot "features" that could be automated and a part of the stock client.

Q: Are you 100% going to go forward with this change?
A: Not 100%, the development its in its infancy. This post is an attempt to be proactive with the community and collect feedback.

Red


Trith
02/09/18 12:09 AM
As a professional shitter who relys 100% on bot, im game for no bots anymore but you'd sadly have to make cyntara a LOT easier and remove a lot of the "one hit" machnics, a lot of monsters and quests and spawns rely on doing insane amounts of damage all at once, or monsters moving so fast (elder wyrms come to mind) that the only way to react to these monsters is for the bot to do it for you. If no one has a bot everyone is going to move a lot slower, be it with the spell casting, the movement (no dash), the curing of paralyze and so forth.

In the ot client "bot" you'd have to have an auto healer of some kind, an auto spell casting feature (to auto cast exori con rai and such since the hp pool of monsteres is so high you'd get carpal tunnel just from hunting for 1 day) as well as having a dash of some sort to help smooth out the movement.\

THe biggest challenge i foresee in implementing an otclient would be convcing others to give up a bot they've used for years and became very comfortable using and instead use your "bot"

a major deal breaker in this client would be if it didnt have an auto healer and an auto spellcaster feature. Other than that i'm gucci

feedback would be if you're gunna use custom sprites make sure the shit dosnt look fucking anime since a certain person (not naming names) on the dev team seems to have an anime fetish.


Klaas
02/09/18 03:50 AM
Trith said:
As a professional shitter who relys 100% on bot, im game for no bots anymore but you'd sadly have to make cyntara a LOT easier and remove a lot of the "one hit" machnics, a lot of monsters and quests and spawns rely on doing insane amounts of damage all at once, or monsters moving so fast (elder wyrms come to mind) that the only way to react to these monsters is for the bot to do it for you. If no one has a bot everyone is going to move a lot slower, be it with the spell casting, the movement (no dash), the curing of paralyze and so forth.

In the ot client "bot" you'd have to have an auto healer of some kind, an auto spell casting feature (to auto cast exori con rai and such since the hp pool of monsteres is so high you'd get carpal tunnel just from hunting for 1 day) as well as having a dash of some sort to help smooth out the movement.\

THe biggest challenge i foresee in implementing an otclient would be convcing others to give up a bot they've used for years and became very comfortable using and instead use your "bot"

a major deal breaker in this client would be if it didnt have an auto healer and an auto spellcaster feature. Other than that i'm gucci

feedback would be if you're gunna use custom sprites make sure the shit dosnt look fucking anime since a certain person (not naming names) on the dev team seems to have an anime fetish.
Let's be honest here; there are plenty of people who have proven you can play cyntara manually. This shouldn't be an issue.
The issue will be to convince all of the people who bot that you can, in fact, enjoy tibia playing it manually.


Trith
02/09/18 04:40 AM
Klaas said:
Trith said:
As a professional shitter who relys 100% on bot, im game for no bots anymore but you'd sadly have to make cyntara a LOT easier and remove a lot of the "one hit" machnics, a lot of monsters and quests and spawns rely on doing insane amounts of damage all at once, or monsters moving so fast (elder wyrms come to mind) that the only way to react to these monsters is for the bot to do it for you. If no one has a bot everyone is going to move a lot slower, be it with the spell casting, the movement (no dash), the curing of paralyze and so forth.

In the ot client "bot" you'd have to have an auto healer of some kind, an auto spell casting feature (to auto cast exori con rai and such since the hp pool of monsteres is so high you'd get carpal tunnel just from hunting for 1 day) as well as having a dash of some sort to help smooth out the movement.\

THe biggest challenge i foresee in implementing an otclient would be convcing others to give up a bot they've used for years and became very comfortable using and instead use your "bot"

a major deal breaker in this client would be if it didnt have an auto healer and an auto spellcaster feature. Other than that i'm gucci

feedback would be if you're gunna use custom sprites make sure the shit dosnt look fucking anime since a certain person (not naming names) on the dev team seems to have an anime fetish.
Let's be honest here; there are plenty of people who have proven you can play cyntara manually. This shouldn't be an issue.
The issue will be to convince all of the people who bot that you can, in fact, enjoy tibia playing it manually.

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that the only reason you completed half the quests you did is because people with bots carried you. If we're being honest here you are basically dead weight in 100% of the quests we did with you because of your lack of bot. You survive them because our bots auto sio you. Thank you have a good night. Stay awesome <3


Joan
02/09/18 06:13 AM
Wew, almost a decade, time surely flies.

I'm very excited about what's in store for Cyntara. I'm especially excited about the OTClient implementation.

I'll try answering the questions as briefly as possible.

- What would you like to see in a Cyntara OTClient?

Awesome, unique sprites! But more importantly, I'm glad that by moving to OTClient we will no longer be hindered by what the CipSoft client allows.


- What do you think would be the biggest challenge to adapt a Cyntara OTClient to fit Cyntara's gameplay style?

Personally I haven't played OTClient long enough to know what the gameplay difference between the CipSoft client and OTClient is.


- What features would you like to see with the Cyntara OTClient?

Right now, nothing in particular, I'm sure I can come up with a great deal of them once I get to see what it is capable of.


- What would be a deal-breaker for you?

Serious slowdown to the fast-paced gameplay of Cyntara, and perhaps a lack of certain very basic bot features, the reasoning behind this is that people will always, or almost always, find a work-around for everything, by not providing the most basic bot features, you'll essentially let the ones who find the workaround to cheat, while the rest won't be able to compete.



- What other feedback would you like to share?

I totally hope you to go forward with the OTClient transfer project, as I wholheartedly believe the freedom and control it'll provide will be worth the effort.

It's also interesting, because, as I was thinking about stuff that could improve the server and allow it to move from the "Open Tibia server" scene to something more serious, one of the biggest obstacles I stumbled upon, and wasn't able to overcome, is the existence of bots, for weeks I've been considering suggesting that you somehow removed bots from the server, as they make it seem less professional, because a server that relies on "paid", shady, third-party software cannot be taken seriously, but then, a few issues came to mind:

1: This had been tried previously, if I remember correctly you tried removing bots from the server a few years back and it didn't work, as people found workarounds and rioted for it to be allowed, and ultimately you had to allow it.
2: If we're to be totally honest, most of the people who have been playing Tibia for over a decade aren't willing to fully manual Tibia anymore, the game is clunky, unresponsive, and plain annoying to play without a bot, then again this won't be an issue to many of the newer players the server would be attracting, only to the people who have had enough of the game, but ideally you want to please not everyone, since that's impossible, but as many as you can.

For these reasons I was unable to actually propose the removal of bots, but the OTClient would be the perfect solution, one I hadn't thought about, you could implement the most basic, quality of life bot features people cannot live without(Auto SELF Heal being the most important of all), however do NOT implement the advanced features, such as cavebotting, or perhaps even auto-targetting, the auto-targetting and auto-rune/spell features can be further discussed, but I believe it'd be a huge mistake to implement, or make cavebotting possible at all(auto-targetting alone would certainly make cavebotting possible, in certain ways), the ability to cavebot makes actually playing the PvM aspects of the server unappealing, since letting the bot do it for you will always be more efficient.


All in all, I can't wait for this to come through!


Regards, Zaul


Trith
02/09/18 01:05 PM
One last thing I forgot to add, IJf you're gunna remove bots you'll have to add an auto looter to remove the lameness of manually picking up items that you want. This feature would just make everyones life a bit easier since money is hard af to make on Cyntara.


Joan
02/09/18 05:08 PM
Trith said:
One last thing I forgot to add, IJf you're gunna remove bots you'll have to add an auto looter to remove the lameness of manually picking up items that you want. This feature would just make everyones life a bit easier since money is hard af to make on Cyntara.

Yeah, autoloot is definitely needed, nowadays virtually all games have autoloot features built in. Hell, even older games have autoloot features built in, and don't quote me on this, but I think even Tibia has some sort of autoloot nowadays, although pretty limited.
There should be an autoloot list where you add items and those items are automatically picked up either the instant the monsters die, or once you click their corpse.


Ownez
02/09/18 09:24 PM
- What would you like to see in a Cyntara OTClient?
Spectator mode with an on off switch

- What do you think would be the biggest challenge to adapt a Cyntara OTClient to fit Cyntara's gameplay style?
Idk

- What features would you like to see with the Cyntara OTClient?
Proximity voice chat Kappa –-

- What would be a deal-breaker for you?
If I cant cave bot for levels I'm not going to play

- What other feedback would you like to share?
Personally I think this client thing is a waste of time. don't really think its worth it

My opinion may be different from others, but I only play tibia for PVP and shit.

I dont like how long you have to wait to frag again, also you need to redo the whole frag reward system since 4000 frags isn't going to happen


Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.