Cyntara v11-s2 Countdown!

Create your character now!

Information
This thread is locked from further replies.
Trith
02/08/19 04:16 PM
There are a few reason I think the Exiva change is a bad idea and how to fix it

First of all having exiva with such a low cost cooldown means you can basically sneak one target after the other without ever really slowing down to actually locate the person. In real tibia the exiva is balanced because the map is so large and if someone if very far north in one town they could be in a dozen spawns that you have to check and now with the new change to Cyntaras exiva you have ONE spot to check and once you're in that spawn its a short walk to the person.

Also on Cyntara spawns usually only have one entrance/exit (or safe spot) and in real tibia you have a couple of different escapes usually meaning that even if they do find you you still have a chance to escape. On Cyntara once they find you escaping generally isn't an option.

How to make the new Exiva more balanced around Cyntara.

Add a new exiva such as "exiva rai "Trith". make it cost about 20 soul points and have a cooldown with a level req of 500 or so. This way people cant just jump from spawn to spawn sneaking everyone on the server instantly.

There is no hiding with this exiva. pls halp


Ownez
02/08/19 04:36 PM
I agree but disagree with the solution just take it out entirely, i can just use any of my chars to exiva rai plus it only needs to be done once

Imo take it out and back to normal we still were able to find people we wanted to kill and i like to hide where i level somewhat


Sickness
02/08/19 05:47 PM
I agree on the new spell, certainly sounds more balanced than the current iteration.

Ownez said:
I agree but disagree with the solution just take it out entirely, i can just use any of my chars to exiva rai plus it only needs to be done once

Imo take it out and back to normal we still were able to find people we wanted to kill and i like to hide where i level somewhat

I also agree on this solution, both are better than the current state of it.



Trith
02/08/19 06:20 PM
Exactly, The changes they made with exiva essentially turns the !online command into a kill list. No one is safe if everyone knows exactly where everyone else is with zero effort. You can basically wipe out the entire servers online list with 3 kids and 30 minutes.


Red
02/08/19 08:38 PM
I support this idea.

I do want players to consider that the exiva changes likely sound more game-changing than they really are. It’s because players can quickly navigate a majority of the map through the teleport room that locating players has always been relatively easy with minor troubleshooting and guesswork.

I would like an adjustment to support the new convenience rather than severely limit the use of the spell entirely. I’m considering a soul point cost dependent on location outcome. I appreciate any input on the matter.

Red


Sickness
02/09/19 04:17 PM
Red said:
I support this idea.

I do want players to consider that the exiva changes likely sound more game-changing than they really are. It’s because players can quickly navigate a majority of the map through the teleport room that locating players has always been relatively easy with minor troubleshooting and guesswork.

I would like an adjustment to support the new convenience rather than severely limit the use of the spell entirely. I’m considering a soul point cost dependent on location outcome. I appreciate any input on the matter.

Red

Not sure if it was like that before, but right now it always costs soul points to exiva someone, even if they're right next to you, that sucks. It should only cost soul if you get a message that states the spawn.



Azur Mayne
02/10/19 04:10 AM
what the fuck?


Fred Beron
02/10/19 05:02 PM
I think exiva is fine, it's a little busted but when u can track a player down without running in every spawn as the map isn't laid out great it gets fucking annoying. If they moved spawns closer and had them sorted by monster type(dragons, undeads, etc in separate sides of the map and posted an online map I would vote to remove the new exiva


Trith
02/10/19 07:30 PM
Fred said:
I think exiva is fine, it's a little busted but when u can track a player down without running in every spawn as the map isn't laid out great it gets fucking annoying. If they moved spawns closer and had them sorted by monster type(dragons, undeads, etc in separate sides of the map and posted an online map I would vote to remove the new exiva

good point nigga


Red
02/12/19 11:53 PM
I guess the thread is being continued here.

Red


Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.