Cyntara - Forum - Some suggestions for pvp in Cyntara
Trith
18 Apr 20 06:32 PM
Mostly Druid based cause I play druid

1. Bring back old paralyze system to stop anti para bots that have become rampant

2. Give druids a new artifact spell (cause all of theirs suck dick atm) that debuffs an enemy player for 20 seconds making them take 20% more damage.
this allows druids to have a super spell in pvp like every other voc has.

3. Bring back old wyrm spawn since it was the best spawn to pvp in by far (new wyrm spawn is shit to hunt)

4. Disable power runes in pvp. That shit is basically a 2 life system anti combo system. (if you're pzed power runes dont activate or w.e)

5. Bit of a major change but bring back the 2 set system, where in the old days you'd have to have a pvp set that stacked death prot and a pve set that stacked pve shit. atm its all grouped on 1 set and its basically impossible NOT to have full death prot capped on ur eq. this makes it so u atleast have something to work towards in pvp bringing variety. The old set you'd lose hp but gain death prot.

6. Encourage the staff to host more pvp oriented events. atm a lot of teams complain they lost warmode cause they didnt have sets/levels so reward the players on BOTH teams who managed to get top frags in warmode (decided by ems) fish/sets n shit or coins something to get pvp rolling. A lot of ppl who focus on pvp don't have time to both pvp AND rpg all day to get the same eq n shit as the rpgers

(edit) 7. Make utani hur and utani gran hur last longer. Since its automatically built into the clien theres no reason it should run out every 22 seconds making us exhaust ourselves it could easily be put on a 5-10 minute duration and nothing would really change except make our lives easier.

Thanks.

Biscuits
21 Apr 20 07:06 AM
Thing is SOME of these things you listed are minor you need to focus on the major things.
1. How paladins and knights are surviving on pvp without mages? its known paladins and knights are tanky when there's mages around them you dont see paladins and knight lead a team without mages, just like whats happening now.
2. Zydrates : these things are actually OP to give that hp/mp buff and skills for that long time and its not even hard to obtain thats just too OP, makes vocation switch roles a little bit.
3. Power runes : i do agree that the health/mana repelenish gives you 2 lives and is silly to fight against.
4. Knights Artifact spells shouldn't work on pvp ( the swords going around them, sword aoe ) because its literally killing mages without even targeting them all you have to do is get near of them.
5. Paladins protection should be lowered by 5% atleast, they already deal the highest damage on the server so they shouldn't be able to tank that much.
6. Stone skin amulets 20 charges dont you think thats too much? Imo should be lowered. Ultimate combo runes should hit even if you have ssa on.

Trith
21 Apr 20 08:05 AM
Biscuits said:
Thing is SOME of these things you listed are minor you need to focus on the major things.
1. How paladins and knights are surviving on pvp without mages? its known paladins and knights are tanky when there's mages around them you dont see paladins and knight lead a team without mages, just like whats happening now.
2. Zydrates : these things are actually OP to give that hp/mp buff and skills for that long time and its not even hard to obtain thats just too OP, makes vocation switch roles a little bit.
3. Power runes : i do agree that the health/mana repelenish gives you 2 lives and is silly to fight against.
4. Knights Artifact spells shouldn't work on pvp ( the swords going around them, sword aoe ) because its literally killing mages without even targeting them all you have to do is get near of them.
5. Paladins protection should be lowered by 5% atleast, they already deal the highest damage on the server so they shouldn't be able to tank that much.
6. Stone skin amulets 20 charges dont you think thats too much? Imo should be lowered. Ultimate combo runes should hit even if you have ssa on.

Point 4, 3, and 5, I agree with

Red
23 Apr 20 08:34 PM
Trith said:
1. Bring back old paralyze system to stop anti para bots that have become rampant
+
Trith said:
3. Bring back old wyrm spawn since it was the best spawn to pvp in by far (new wyrm spawn is shit to hunt)
+
Trith said:
(edit) 7. Make utani hur and utani gran hur last longer. Since its automatically built into the clien theres no reason it should run out every 22 seconds making us exhaust ourselves it could easily be put on a 5-10 minute duration and nothing would really change except make our lives easier.

These three issues have been addressed in this patch. The Wyrm spawn now loops around on itself to reduce the amount of backtracking necessary. The other issues will take a bit more time and evaluation.

Biscuits said:

I agree. The Knife was very difficult to obtain historically - this no longer appears to be the case. Especially since the base strength of players through other means has increased greatly over the past few years, Zydrate will need to be tuned again. It will most likely be a large adjustment.

Biscuits said:

Diath and I agree. This has been hotpatched just now; check out the patch notes.

Biscuits said:

Artifact Spells do not affect other players. If Exori Gran Mas or damages players in PvP then it's a bug and we need to find a way to reproduce this.

Biscuits said:

This has been hotpatched just now as well.

Biscuits said:

I'm OK with the concept of it, but I'd like to gather additional community feedback regarding a change like this. If players agree overall, it is a change that can occur very quickly.
The other issues you presented will take a bit more time and evaluation.

Red

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.