Cyntara - Forum - Paladin Slight Buffs
Auzzy
26 Jul 16 02:54 AM
Hello everyone,I made this post to express my opinion on my pally which is 1037 so far..and its not been going well tbh like i have full don set with a bunch of enchants and my mage 860 non donor with a shitty set and does almost 3x the paladins dmg and can tank a shitload and i really dont think its fair.I enjoy playing paladin the most and they should have more dps at higher lvls-higher distance.So far i'v seen 90% of the lvl 850-1.5ks mages which is sad cuz paladin have so much to offer but noone enjoys playing it that much they would rather leave a paladin bot all night than manual hunt with it cuz its terrible and not worth.
Thats pretty much all i got to say idk if u guys would consider this but atleast i tryed to do something^^

Create Havoc Around Our System
26 Jul 16 11:12 PM
Auzzy said:
Hello everyone,I made this post to express my opinion on my pally which is 1037 so far..and its not been going well tbh like i have full don set with a bunch of enchants and my mage 860 non donor with a shitty set and does almost 3x the paladins dmg and can tank a shitload and i really dont think its fair.I enjoy playing paladin the most and they should have more dps at higher lvls-higher distance.So far i'v seen 90% of the lvl 850-1.5ks mages which is sad cuz paladin have so much to offer but noone enjoys playing it that much they would rather leave a paladin bot all night than manual hunt with it cuz its terrible and not worth.
Thats pretty much all i got to say idk if u guys would consider this but atleast i tryed to do something^^

Agreed and I there is another thread were several players (including staff members) have made points similar to these.

The good thing is I believe something is currently being done about this. So hang on tight :)

I had a similar experience (but even more ridiculous) like you in the last two resets. Good feedback

Fargo
26 Jul 16 11:30 PM
Low-medium level paladins do awful damage. Earlier when I was sitting with Lassi I was testing my damage from a glooth spear against his wand. My average damage was being outclassed / on the same level as his wand was. Neither of us was using anything other than regular attacks yet he still managed to out dps me.
To me this seems entirely unbalanced that their wand, unaffected by magic level, is able to outclass my damage when I have 150 distance with equipment.

All of this isn't even taking into consideration that their tot runes deals roughly 3x the damage from my exori con rai and exori san rai.

26 Jul 16 11:43 PM
Silence said:
Low-medium level paladins do awful damage. Earlier when I was sitting with Lassi I was testing my damage from a glooth spear against his wand. My average damage was being outclassed / on the same level as his wand was. Neither of us was using anything other than regular attacks yet he still managed to out dps me.
To me this seems entirely unbalanced that their wand, unaffected by magic level, is able to outclass my damage when I have 150 distance with equipment.

All of this isn't even taking into consideration that their tot runes deals roughly 3x the damage from my exori con rai and exori san rai.

Low medium is an understatement, as even with the ultimate spell paladins fall way behind. In past resets I've had 1500+ paladins full donor set, top 10 skills, donor crossbow + infernal bolts and a level 700+ noobchar with decent ML and TOTs was more fearsome in battles. Also a hell of a lot less trouble to create & level.

Auzzy
27 Jul 16 12:19 AM
Well i hope they really consider what i'v said and what u guys have also said cuz noway its balanced atm its completely messy and ugly so i hope they find a soloution to this.
They dont have to do anything to mages ,theyre fine the way they are im not asking for a mage nerf or smth all i want is for pally to be more of a dps vocation that should deal most single target damage as it is known of them to do that..so yea im really looking forward to this being fixed so i dont feel like its a waste of time with pally and just play mage like most of the others^^

Trith
27 Jul 16 01:49 AM
Reading through the posts my two cents are

1. Paladins arrows NEED more damage, even a 50-75% damage increase on the basics attacks would be good. This allows them to not go around tickling everything to death. Atm I can't hunt dick without dragging lpepe around to sd shit for me.

2. Glooth spears are a great idea to help fix paladins but sadly their hit rate is just awful. Missing 1 out of every 4 spears is just too much of a risk in terms of dps. No one else has even a slim chance to miss damage so why should paladins?

3. Increase the elemental damage portion of elemental arrows. They run out after 1 shot so increasing their damage wouldn't be overpowering due to cap limitations and the fact that they run out quite quickly with cyntaras increased attack speed.

4. If you do all of the above paladins may need to be adjusted at higher levels to curve the tankiness with damage that they will be getting. To do this all you'd have to do is about half their maximum mana how you'd do this while cyntara is live i've no idea but with a major or even semi major damage increase you'd have to address the tankiness. obviously don't hurt our tankiness as it is right now WITHOUT increasing our damage numbers by a very noticable amount or else you'd have no paladins left.

Matt Bruh
27 Jul 16 08:20 AM
signed ^

27 Jul 16 12:14 PM
Trith said:
Reading through the posts my two cents are

1. Paladins arrows NEED more damage, even a 50-75% damage increase on the basics attacks would be good. This allows them to not go around tickling everything to death. Atm I can't hunt dick without dragging lpepe around to sd shit for me.

2. Glooth spears are a great idea to help fix paladins but sadly their hit rate is just awful. Missing 1 out of every 4 spears is just too much of a risk in terms of dps. No one else has even a slim chance to miss damage so why should paladins?

3. Increase the elemental damage portion of elemental arrows. They run out after 1 shot so increasing their damage wouldn't be overpowering due to cap limitations and the fact that they run out quite quickly with cyntaras increased attack speed.

4. If you do all of the above paladins may need to be adjusted at higher levels to curve the tankiness with damage that they will be getting. To do this all you'd have to do is about half their maximum mana how you'd do this while cyntara is live i've no idea but with a major or even semi major damage increase you'd have to address the tankiness. obviously don't hurt our tankiness as it is right now WITHOUT increasing our damage numbers by a very noticable amount or else you'd have no paladins left.

Interesting insight regarding the elemental damage. I see thing simpler in terms of "they just need more damage" due to all the multiple factors/examples in the previous posts and in that other thread.

Personally, I think it makes more sense for mages to have the "elemental damage" label. Fire, Ice, Energy, Earth and Death. The versatility they get with waves, beams, UEs. is awesome, not to mention paralyzing, cursing, drunk, etc. But granting them (like it was mentioned above) the best 'single-target' damage it ludicrous.

I also agree that tankiness will definitely need to be reduced when/if this damage increase happens

Fargo
28 Jul 16 03:05 AM
Well, after some testing with Red tonight, some progress has been made in terms of paladin balancing. We've laid out great foundations that can extend to knights as well if needed in the future. Expect some changes in how they work soon, a public test may even be conducted to do real-time testing. Get ready to provide some feedback.
As a side note, glooth spears have been buffed because apparently they were 'woefully underpowered'! (Won't be applied until the next patch)

Auzzy
28 Jul 16 11:44 AM
Im pretty sure most of us wouldnt mind helping with some tests in order to find a soloution to make paladins balanced but not op in the same time so yea looking forward to that ^^

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.