Cyntara - Forum - The new website Feedback thread
Fargo
15 Jun 16 02:25 PM
Maazik said:
Matt Bruh said:
New site is legit, I'll leave all the testing up to Trith.

Can I change the "Member Since" to V1? I don't want to look like a newb.

Same, on old forum this account was made in 2011, now it says that I've made it during v8 and I'm actually here since 2009

As far as I know, it goes by the creation date of your account. For instance mine says Created - 12/31/69 07:00 PM, hence why it says from the start.
Sometime around v4 the database had a slight screw up and everyone from that era and before had their creation dates set to the start of Unix Timestamps (which is shown above in mine). This is also why you will never see someone with a v2-v4 next to their forum name. I'm not sure if Red will add a feature to manually change what era you started so I wouldn't count on it.

Trith
16 Jun 16 02:24 PM
Matt Bruh said:
New site is legit, I'll leave all the testing up to Trith.

Can I change the "Member Since" to V1? I don't want to look like a newb.

lol i've already done my day of half ass testing now its time for my well deserved vacation

Trith
17 Jun 16 04:41 AM
New reply;

My first reply in the thread got edited so you may have to review the edited reivision to see the rest of it since I've lost a little bit of the post.

This happened because I wen't over the limit of words I think. It was a pretty long post then I posted a picture of Vala to clerify what I was saying and it erased the rest of the post.

Did some more testing with this and i'm not 100% sure what causes it but it seems that when I have a large post with many words and then resize a picture to make it smaller thats about halfway through the post and submit it it'll crop all of the words below the picture except for the very last line. How I did to recreate this event;

On my first post on this thread copy the entire post into a new post twice. At the top of the post write that its the top line so you don't lose where you are, at the last line of the post write "last line of post" In the middle of the post write top middle and on the next line write bottom middle. Now insert an image between the two I used (http://i.imgur.com/5xMBDv5.png) now resize the image to where its realistically too small to read and submit the post. You'll notice that everything below the picture is now gone except for the last line.

Other thing is the resizing of pictures dosn't work, It'll allow me to edit the size before I submit the post but after I submit it it'll just go back to its original size.

Another point I'd like to make is that having players able to view how many characters there are on Cyntara is a very bad idea. Many games go out of their way to avoid this so people don't get any pre-conceived ideas about the game. You can view how many characters there are through the high-scores page and just clicking on the last page of it, it really should only go to like 10 pages not them all.

On the server information page it states the proteciton level is 4000, this is wrong.

Fargo
21 Jun 16 05:23 PM
Add a way to search forum members.

Red
22 Jun 16 12:07 AM
Silence said:
Like this?
Red

Fargo
22 Jun 16 01:32 AM
Red said:
Silence said:
Like this?
Red

Yeah, I couldn't find the page / button to send me there. Maybe have it more accessible such as pop up under the forum button on the top.

Maazik
27 Jun 16 04:42 AM
Fix Private Message button so we can spam you guys when is the reset instead making threads

Moomster
27 Jun 16 04:45 AM
Yeah feels like server has gone dormant…. Bring on Reset :D

Fargo
27 Jun 16 01:06 PM
Maazik said:
Fix Private Message button so we can spam you guys when is the reset instead making threads
Moomster said:

With Red it's always going to be Soon^TM. There is some cool stuff coming along that they showed me so look forward to stuff you guys didn't see in the open test awhile ago. I would show you guys something new but I think Red would get mad at me :D

Trith
27 Jun 16 03:45 PM
Silence said:
Maazik said:
Moomster said:

With Red it's always going to be Soon^TM. There is some cool stuff coming along that they showed me so look forward to stuff you guys didn't see in the open test awhile ago. I would show you guys something new but I think Red would get mad at me :D

Making Red actually get mad at you is pretty difficult to do, you'd have to like actually go out of your way to piss him off :P

Quick Reply Box
You must be logged in to reply to the thread.